Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I've become that cranky old lady...

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 353 Total Views

Seriously.  It's after Midnight on a MONDAY.  Why the fuck are people shooting off fireworks?

My dog goes PSYCHO at fireworks.  I'm trying to sleep before my test, she's woken DD up twice, and DH is pissed.  All I want to do is call the cops.

I'm all for having fun and I understand it has to be dark out to shoot off fireworks.  But it's not the fucking Fourth yet, it's a work night, and some people - MOST people in this neighborhood have small children.  Including the fuckwads lighting off the damn fireworks.

GAH... I am SO not in the mood today.

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ica171
by Still Suspect on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

They'll be doing it until next Monday too, I bet. I haven't heard any yet tonight (heard some earlier today, though).

I think I've heard people set off fireworks in every month around here. I don't know why. Apparently we really like fireworks.

samanthav.v
by Still Suspect on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Lucky for me it doesn't get dark enough here in the summer to even see fireworks, so we don't usually have to worry about it. Sometimes someone will try shooting them in the daylight but it usually doesn't last long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WilcoRocks
by Still Suspect on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Ugh, people have started as of Friday night. Randomly, too.
Our neighborhood prohibits it, but there's a firework stand on the corner by the highway. I love fireworks, but give it a rest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whyunoloveme
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I'm glad I live in the country and can't hear them. Plus everyone is too worried about starting a field fire out here to do it! Most cities banned them as of yesterday, and the tents came down fairly quickly after that anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xanthia1
by Still Suspect on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM

My LO has been sleeping with me the last few nights because she does not like the 'booms.' (DH works 3rd shift). I live out in the county so everyone shoots them off.           All.Night.Long.

Add me to the cranky old lady club. lol

yourpinkone
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Sorry. We're fireworks fanatics. I always have a stockpile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LostInPlace
by Found In Space on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM
It never used to bother me. Even when DS was little - that child can sleep trough anything. ANYTHING. DD, on the other hand....

And DH had to get up for work at 5:30 this morning. Since he couldn't sleep due to the fireworks, he slept in the basement. Which meant that I had to get up at 5:30 and go wake him up. I was NOT happy.

Sigh. I won't care tonight how late they go off since we don't have to be up early tomorrow.

Last Fourth we wound up having to call the cops on the people who live behind us at 3 am after they started shooting off illegal mortars. Seriously, the things were booming so loud they knocked pictures off my walls! At 3 AM. WTF?!?!? DH was going to go "talk" to them but when he got there it was a group of 7-8 very large, very drunk men. He decided the popo was a better option. If we have a repeat this year I can't guarantee he won't go off...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwitterbugS
by Sketchmo on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM
We had neighbors before that had bottle rocket fights at 3am. They had a 5 and 6 year old on a school night. Just moved to a new neighborhood. I hope they are better.
DarksMama
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I dig fireworks as much as the next gal, but I just about went apeshit on our skeezy ass idiot fucking neighbors next door....they shot off a mortar RIGHT in front of DD's window about 20 mins after she went to bed for the night...scared the fuck outta her, pissed me off in a major way. I handed DD to DH and went on the warpath. I don't even know what I said, but it included "useless, skeezy, pain in the ass, shady, sorry fucking excuse for congealed cumshots" LOL I don't remember what else I said, but I put the fear of ME into them. When I got back inside, DH informs me that he's called the cops and lodged a noise complaint. YES!!! That'll teach their sorry asses to wake up my kid with something that damned near equates to a BOMB.

aprilphs13
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I like fireworks... but if people are shooting them off after about 2am, I am also a cranky old woman! Although on wednesday i'm assuming that EVERYBODY around me is going to be shooting them all night long... and thankfully i've never had anybody shooting off a mortar around me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)