Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soda Stream

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 607 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I want one.  Does anyone have one?  Pros and cons?  (We drink a ton of seltzer at the house, and occasionaly soda, but I don't generally keep soda in the house).

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Master_Debater
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM
We want one too lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

LOL, I'm reading reviews, it seems like something I want.  I'm wondering what this trading of the co2 units and Bed Bath and Beyond is about though, the closest one to me is 40 miles away, I go to that area twice a year, so I don't know if that will be a problem.

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Ahhhh, that makes sense.  I wonder if there is anywhere in the area that refills them.  

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Yes I have one. I really like it.

It comes with one CO2 tank. Once it is empty you can either buy another one for full price, or refill the old one for about half the price. Here many places refill them. Walmart, ect. Or in your case, you could buy a couple tanks and refill them once they run out.

MummiMayI
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM
How often do you have to replace the tank? How much is it?

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

It comes with one CO2 tank. Once it is empty you can either buy another one for full price, or refill the old one for about half the price. Here many places refill them. Walmart, ect. Or in your case, you could buy a couple tanks and refill them once they run out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I wanted to get one when they first became popular.  My dad would go through about 20 bottles of seltzer a week and at $1.00/bottle he'd had the thing paid for in a month.  He decided not to get one.  I still want one, but I don't know of any places around me that refill the CO2 tank.  

MummiMayI
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Okay I'm the only one who drinks seltzer water and we really don't drink soda. To make seltzer do you have to add anything?

So I guess it's cheaper than purchasing bottles at the store and better for the environment?

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Here a new tank is $29. To refill is between $15-$20, depending on where you go.

We are a family of 8. 4 of which are teen boys, so the tank goes quick for us. It lasts about 2 months. The boys like the energy drinks, they say it taste like Red Bull.

But for smaller families it would last a lot longer.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

pauliewogmamma
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Does the soda taste like soda??

I drink a ridiculous amount of mt dew. But it has to be mt dew. None of that mt. Breeze shit!

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Here a new tank is $29. To refill is between $15-$20, depending on where you go.

We are a family of 8. 4 of which are teen boys, so the tank goes quick for us. It lasts about 2 months. The boys like the energy drinks, they say it taste like Red Bull.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

MummiMayI
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Okay thanks for answering all my questions. I think I'll be getting one for Christmas.
Which one do you have?

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

If you want plain seltzer water, you don't need to add anything.

They do have little flavor viles if you want to add some flavor to your seltzer water.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Okay I'm the only one who drinks seltzer water and we really don't drink soda. To make seltzer do you have to add anything?

So I guess it's cheaper than purchasing bottles at the store and better for the environment?

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I drink a ton of seltzer, I'm on my third big bottle of Pellegrino this afternoon.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

MummiMayI
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

okay, thanks :)

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

This is mine. I can't remember the model. I just liked how this one looked. No other reason for my choice :)

Quoting MummiMayI:

Okay thanks for answering all my questions. I think I'll be getting one for Christmas.

Which one do you have?

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

If you want plain seltzer water, you don't need to add anything.

They do have little flavor viles if you want to add some flavor to your seltzer water.

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Quoting MummiMayI:

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)