Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have some questions...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 206 Total Views
I don't really know my way around cafemom yet. How does one get banned from a group? And usually I can figure out initials (I think), but what's the D in front of everything? Are there other people like me who just kinda bumble around on here looking for advice to give and get as needed? I feel like a dork for asking, but none of you know what I look like, so I don't run the risk of being laughed at to my face...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
crazyblondemom
by Taking a dump on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM
To get banned from a group you have to be pretty bad. The D? Like when we use "DD" or DS? The in that case stands for Dear. Yeah people just kinda jumo around and to play or to get advice.
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM

There are a ton of private groups like this one, and then CM owned groups that are more active.  You can get kicked out of private groups for any reason I guess, like if the GO doesn't like you, but most don't work like that.  We have only kicked out like 5 people, and trust me, they deserved it, lol.  It's not a stupid question, we are all very confused when we got here.  

pauliewogmamma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
^^*what Red said. To get kicked out of a cafemom owned group like Mom Confessions or Newcomers (those are probably the most active ones I lurk in) I think you have to be really fucking awful. (Sorry Shanny LOL)

Give an example of what you are talking about with the D? I'm not sure what you mean, unless it's DH, DS, DD.. But if you came from babycenter it's the same there and I think you would know.
muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Yeah I meant DH or DS, that kinda thing.
I signed up for babycenter when I was preg the first time, I don't know when the last time I even looked at that was. I'm not trying to get kicked out of anything, I was just wondering what kind of behavior a person would have to pull to get booted. Like, super awful personal attacks, or what? That's not my cup- I'm really a live and let live.
Thanks ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)