• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co Sleeping?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 430 Total Views

Who does it?  How old is your child?

I still sleep with DS, he's nearly 3.5.  He calls for me in the middle of the night if I don't go to bed with him.  Part of me thinks it's a bad habit, but another part makes me think it's so natural, he's still a baby, and I don't always have him (since he's with his Dad a couple of days a week).  I love sleeping with him, I don't see a problem most of the time, but he wakes in the night if I'm not there.  Do you co sleep?  Why or why not?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannyLouisiany
by my pretty on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Bella gets in the bed with me pretty frequently. this morning, she busted up in my room all upset because she had a nightmare that zombies were after us and they got me. :/ I like sleeping with her because I love having her close, and she's so soft and warm. lol but, she sleeps sofuckingclose to me and she snores, so I don't sleep well with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

The bed gets very crowded.  DS, then I hop in, and soon after the wolfhound is between us.  It's ridiculous, but I do love it.

Quoting ShannyLouisiany:

Bella gets in the bed with me pretty frequently. this morning, she busted up in my room all upset because she had a nightmare that zombies were after us and they got me. :/ I like sleeping with her because I love having her close, and she's so soft and warm. lol but, she sleeps sofuckingclose to me and she snores, so I don't sleep well with her.

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I never kicked mine out..luckily they all grew out of it

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

This is a sad confession, but I was 12, nearly 13 when I stopped sleeping with my Mom.  My Dad tells me not to co sleep, but when DS stays there on occasion, he sleeps with him or my Mom (they have separate rooms). 

Quoting Rileyscute:

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Nikki was 5 going on 6..

Riley never really coslept in the traditional way..but he is 9..and he will totally still jump in our bed if he has the wild hair..lol

Lex was never really a cosleeper..an occasional night here and there...or nap...but she was a 'loner'

Quoting GoRed:

This is a sad confession, but I was 12, nearly 13 when I stopped sleeping with my Mom.  My Dad tells me not to co sleep, but when DS stays there on occasion, he sleeps with him or my Mom (they have separate rooms). 

Quoting Rileyscute:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShannyLouisiany
by my pretty on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I honestly don't think it's such a bad thing. it's not like they'll sleep with us forever, yunno? they're only little once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM
E has never slept in her crib at night. She's ten months, almost. I'm in no hurry to push her out. She'll go when she's ready.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmom3012
by MIL Slayer on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be cosleeping.  I had reactive attachment disorder due to my biological mother not meeting my physical and emotional needs as a baby, a toddler, or a young child.  When my aunt and uncle adopted me they didn't let me sleep in bed with them (because I was sexually abused and they didn't know if it was appropriate or not and they were told wrongly that it would cause dependency issues), and I had horrible night terrors.  I wet the bed until I was 6 or 7.  My parents tell me to this day they wish they had let me sleep with them, but they were new at it and didn't know it was okay.  I am totally for cosleeping.  Most children I know who coslept are very independent and it actually helped them because when they were ready for their independence, they took it.  It wasn't a hard, drawn out process - just one day they were ready to sleep in their own bed......I think getting children to really take control of their independence is a good thing, and I think cosleeping does this.  (I know some people think the opposite, but they're full of shit ;-)   )

ripemango
by ei poet laureate on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

still do. she is 4

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

nelopyma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My 9 year old (yes, I said 9!) still crawls in bed with me fairly often.  When I realize she's there, I take her back to her bed because it's like sleeping with an octopus, but no amount of consistency has been able to get her to completely stop.  She did pretty much cosleep with us full-time when she was a baby... it let me get more sleep, she slept better, win-win for all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)