Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I don't believe its a conspiracy

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 456 Total Views

But how fucking weird is this guys behavior? If I just lost a child, I wouldn't be laughing.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crazyblondemom
by Taking a dump on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM
This guy doesn't seem like he has lost anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piratehooker
by Hot Sex on the Hi-Cs on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I watched that when it happened. Some people smile when nervous. I think once he started talking shit got real. But I'm an optimist.
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Point didn't look like nervous laughter to me. It looked like carefree laughter.

Quoting piratehooker:

I watched that when it happened. Some people smile when nervous. I think once he started talking shit got real. But I'm an optimist.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

piratehooker
by Hot Sex on the Hi-Cs on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I agree it's weird. I hate thinking this is some kind on conspiracy. Makes me want to live underground and never communicate with people.

Quoting Djinn83:

Point didn't look like nervous laughter to me. It looked like carefree laughter.

Quoting piratehooker:

_cloudy_
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm one of those people that laughs when I'm scared or nervous. It's more of a manic laugh, and it sure does make things uber awkward :/
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I just think he's an asshole enjoying the media attention, despite his daughter being killed. He's probably a sociopath.

Quoting piratehooker:

I agree it's weird. I hate thinking this is some kind on conspiracy. Makes me want to live underground and never communicate with people.

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting piratehooker:

AMedicsPixie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
People deal with grief differently. I laugh in the oddest situations. It's how I deal.
pampire
by Island Girl on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM

It's odd, but I can see myself reacting in a similiar way.  I compartmentalize like a motherfucker and try to keep up a brave front in public. Behind closed doors, or  a week down the line, the littlest, most random think will send me into a bawling, grief spiral.

TheQueenOfChaos
by Still Suspect on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I can't cry in public. I think the only two times I've cried in front of someone since I was a small child was my best friends funeral (he died 30 days before my ODD was born) and when watching the dance my DH shared with my ODD at our wedding. Both times I was also pregnant and hormonal.

Honestly, I joked around at the funerals of my grandparents. I loved them dearly, but I was raised with the belief that I wasn't supposed to cry in front of other people. I've also been the rock in the river so to speak. When everyone else lost it, I was the one who (outwardly) held it together. People actually said I was heartless, but it's just how I handle things. I cry in private, and I'm a rock in public.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)