Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekend in Chicago!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 119 Total Views
Surprise trip for me! Yay!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Whoop!!
ThatSkinnyGirl
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Right on! Have you been before? We stopped in Chicago and spent a night there once while driving from California to Ohio. You should go to this famous pizza place we went to. It was called Original Gino's Pizza or something like that. It was really good, authentic Chicago style derp dish. It was a fun place, too. They give everyone a sharpee to leave a message in the wall or tables. It was fun, and totally kid friendly. Are you bringing your kids?
laineysmum
by WWRPD? on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM

OMG I need to get some sleep.. I just died over "derp dish" bahahaha You're killing me tonight, Amber!!

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

Right on! Have you been before? We stopped in Chicago and spent a night there once while driving from California to Ohio. You should go to this famous pizza place we went to. It was called Original Gino's Pizza or something like that. It was really good, authentic Chicago style derp dish. It was a fun place, too. They give everyone a sharpee to leave a message in the wall or tables. It was fun, and totally kid friendly. Are you bringing your kids?

muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM
The last time I was there was 18 years ago, 4 days after I graduated high school. It was supposed to be a weekend long music fest. My best friend, a friend of hers, and a guy I'd had a crush on for 2 years drove down. When we finally got to the venue where all the shows were, we were told it'd been changed to 21+. So we spent the weekend wandering around in head-to-toe black in 95 degree heat like a bunch of idiots.
This time I'm going just with the fella from the first trip and we'll stay in (hopefully) a nicer hotel. I have a niece who has lived there for 5 years and its only a 7 hour drive. I have no excuse for not visiting her sooner.
My kids will be staying with their dad, but I'll definitely hunt that pizza place down!

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

ThatSkinnyGirl
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM
LMAO typo!!!

Quoting laineysmum:

OMG I need to get some sleep.. I just died over "derp dish" bahahaha You're killing me tonight, Amber!!

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)