Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Question WTF

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 75 Replies
  • 683 Total Views

People were in my shop today, and told me when you file, and have a kid, you get $1000, and get it back or credited to you (if you owe).  WTF is that?!  I've never heard of this.  I have an accountant, I can barely add, but is this true??  I claimed DS last year, and got fuck all.  I don't know how I file, what I paid, or anything else (bare minimum haha).

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazyblondemom
by Taking a dump on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Well it is true. I can't tell you all the inns and outs of it though.

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM

What the fuckidy fuck?!!! I didn't get shiiiit last year.  BTW why the fuck is the government giving parents $1000 for having a kid?  Do you get that for each kid?  (I'm just curious, and wondering what the story is with my taxes.  I figure it was credited, and I had to pay more, since I pay once a year, not with each cheque, as I just draw from the shop as needed.  I'm fuuuuucked if the IRS come knocking,  haha.)

Quoting crazyblondemom:

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck the federal government, and the state, extortionist fucking bastards. 

crazyblondemom
by Taking a dump on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM

It's not for each child however you do get a credit back each additional child up to 3 I believe. The reason being is they make money on the birth certs. Of each child born in the US. One year I got almost $7000 back because all year I just caimed my self and not my kid. 

Quoting GoRed:

What the fuckidy fuck?!!! I didn't get shiiiit last year.  BTW why the fuck is the government giving parents $1000 for having a kid?  Do you get that for each kid?  (I'm just curious, and wondering what the story is with my taxes.  I figure it was credited, and I had to pay more, since I pay once a year, not with each cheque, as I just draw from the shop as needed.  I'm fuuuuucked if the IRS come knocking,  haha.)

Quoting crazyblondemom:

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this

we do not get either credit..it depends on your income Red

AMedicsPixie
by The negotiator on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It's only for those who get Earned Income Credit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Although I am seriously wondering..brian has never claimed 'disabled' for riley...
We get shit back..the only thing we claim is mortgage and student loans..but its not much..

And btw..filed over a month ago..and nothing...we need that to collect some..or at least cushion the sequester shit....wah...*cries*
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Like if you pay in each pay cheque?  I don't, I just pay at the end of the year when due (or late, those bastards).  There's now even local fucking taxes, I have to pay for the machines in my shop!!! AND there's a fixture tax for homes, WTF!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!  

Quoting AMedicsPixie:

AMedicsPixie
by The negotiator on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
It depends on how much you make a year.

Quoting GoRed:

Like if you pay in each pay cheque?  I don't, I just pay at the end of the year when due (or late, those bastards).  There's now even local fucking taxes, I have to pay for the machines in my shop!!! AND there's a fixture tax for homes, WTF!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!  

Quoting AMedicsPixie:

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't filed for the business yet OR personal, so planning on an extension.  The corporation is supposed to file quarterly, but I'm too busy for that.  I'm so pissed, those bastards have their hands in my pockets, it's what, 30%?!!! I told those bastards that if they continue to financially rape me, I'll close up shop.  It's a matter of principal, tanning salons pay close to 40% I'd say, with the new tanning tax that's supposed to support Obamacare, while he's releasing illegal immigrants, who may not be paying into the system (unlikely without a SSN)!!.  Fucking over small business, and causing rage an aneurysms. 

Quoting Rileyscute:

Although I am seriously wondering..brian has never claimed 'disabled' for riley...
We get shit back..the only thing we claim is mortgage and student loans..but its not much..

And btw..filed over a month ago..and nothing...we need that to collect some..or at least cushion the sequester shit....wah...*cries*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)