• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is your role model?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

When I think of who I want to b like, I often think of my Granny. She was beautiful, thin (even dieting in her 90s, lol!), well dressed, well spoken, kind, churchgoing, posh (but in a kind way, fussy about who she was around), social, upbeat, a great cook (the only apple tart I ever loved was hers), motivated, etc. Her house was always spotless, she was always good to me, she babied me, but tried to lead me in the right direction.  My Grandfather was handsome, they were well liked and well respected. I want to be like her, and make her proud. Do they even sell cooking apples here in America (bigger than regular ones, light green)?  

Sorry, I'm emotional lately. 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sugarcrisp
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My Aunt Annie, for the most part. She committed suicide less than a week before my 19th birthday, and that's something I couldn't do nor is it an action I respect out of her. I understand why she did it, but I don't respect it. That said, she was a very loving, kind, accepting, open minded woman. She was wise in experience and intelligent in the world. My mother never cared for her, and as I get older and become more like my aunt, the less my mother likes me.

This has never been my intention, making my mother dislike me. However, I strive to be open minded and accepting of all things in the world so long as no being comes to harm. My mother isn't so open minded, and that's where we have our issues.

But I enjoy being open minded and accepting. I've found more peace within myself and with life in general, even when I'm struggling. 

tiesthatbind
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM
i don't have one ~
Master_Debater
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM
My dad.

He had his bad parts mainly addiction but he was a hard worker and a family man. He loved us so much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1234abcd4321
by Still Suspect on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

aww i'm sorry that you're missing her. i don't think i've ever seen that kind of apple..

i model myself after so many different people. i take a little from everyone i meet, read about, etc who is worth emulating in some way.

piratehooker
by Hot Sex on the Hi-Cs on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I don't have one.
muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom and dad. They raised 9 kids to be best friends, he worked from home, unless he was traveling for a story, and treats my mom like a queen. My mom stayed home, cooked pretty much everything we ever ate, made all her own clothes, never missed a game, recital, Christmas pageant, sports banquet, swim lesson, or Sunday mass. They still flirt with each other nonstop after 57 years. They're pretty great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)