Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's out of control!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

It's autism awareness month. So DS is supposed to wear blue on Fridays at his school.

I just received a newsletter from DH university. It's the month of the military child, child abuse prevention month, and sexual assault awareness month. So Fridays we are to wear DARK blue for child abuse prevention, and Thursday's we wear teal for sexual assault awareness. Oh, and the last thursday of the month is denim day, and we are to wear jeans to promote awareness about sexual assault.

WTF? What do jeans and denim have to do with sexual assault? What are wearing colors supposed to do exactly? I feel like a bitch for feeling this way, but I'm really tired of slacktivists and their stupid fucking colors. I get it, they want to do something, then DO SOMETHING! Raise money to fund autism research, or for women's shelters. Don't walk up to me and try to shame me for not wearing a fucking teal shirt on Thursday. I don't own a teal fucking shirt. And even if I did, it would probably be in the small mountain of dirty clothes right now. 

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Holy shit, wtf, that's absolutely ridiculous!  Is this for you to wear, or the kids?

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM

EVerybody is encouraged to participate

Quoting GoRed:

Holy shit, wtf, that's absolutely ridiculous!  Is this for you to wear, or the kids?

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I'm sick of that stuff too. It's dumb.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crazyblondemom
by Taking a dump on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My feelings about that shit. Idgaf if they think I am heartless either.
Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting crazyblondemom:

Mobile Photo

Indeed

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

HEARTLESS!

Quoting crazyblondemom:

Mobile Photo

ThatSkinnyGirl
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Hahaha teal shirt and jeans. That's stupid. It should have been wear a skirt day for sexual assault awareness! That would be funny.

I hardly remember to out my kid in the school colors on Fridays.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)