Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg, I'm screwed!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 649 Total Views
So remember that cleaning checklist I started for the kids? So they can help while DH is deployed? Yeah, we'll my 3 year old DD decided she didn't like it anymore. So I to,d her she doesn't get dessert then. She said fine, and watched all of eat our whole fruit ice cream smoothie, and didn't even pitch a fit. So the next night I told her to help with the cleaning checklist, or go to bed. The little asshole went to bed! EARLY! So tonight I said no story at bedtime unless she helps. She said nope, and went upstairs to go to bed. EARLY! WITH NO STORY! She loves her bedtime stories. Wtf????? What am I supposed to do to get her to help clean up? Beat her?

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Lmao I got nothin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicolemead91
by Sketchmo on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Damn lol idk maybe timeout so she knows that she can't do that.. I'm sorry momma I'm lost on this one ! Lol
Good luck ;)
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I put her on timeout the first time! SHe sat on the couch and pointed to stuff that ODS forgot to pick up!

Quoting nicolemead91:

Damn lol idk maybe timeout so she knows that she can't do that.. I'm sorry momma I'm lost on this one ! Lol
Good luck ;)

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

nicolemead91
by Sketchmo on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Lol that's crazy!!
My ds just turned 3 on the 24th and he's not even that bad yet ! Lol
Maybe u could look online for some kind of toddler punishment lol idk something's gotta work! Lol GL =)

Quoting Djinn83:

I put her on timeout the first time! SHe sat on the couch and pointed to stuff that ODS forgot to pick up!

Quoting nicolemead91:

Good luck ;)

Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

God help me when she is a teenager. Otherwise she is a really good kid. My easiest by far! My other two are/were the handfuls. But man, what a stubborn little asshole she can be.

Quoting nicolemead91:

Lol that's crazy!!
Maybe u could look online for some kind of toddler punishment lol idk something's gotta work! Lol GL =)

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting nicolemead91:

Good luck ;)

nicolemead91
by Sketchmo on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Lol...I know what u mean. But I only have one child "right now" and I'm dreading when he becomes a teen! Lol at least I got a boy first I've heard girls can be quite the handful as teens ! :) I got realllllly lucky with my son, even as an infant he was an amazing baby and he's still really well behaved for a 3 year old lol I thank god everyday that he blessed me with such a well behaved child lol ;) GL

Quoting Djinn83:

God help me when she is a teenager. Otherwise she is a really good kid. My easiest by far! My other two are/were the handfuls. But man, what a stubborn little asshole she can be.

Quoting nicolemead91:

Lol that's crazy!!

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting nicolemead91:

Good luck ;)

muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM
What about saying something like "everybody who helps gets to get a new box of crayons at the end of the week", something along those lines?
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Nope. Bribes don't work. She even stayed home when I took ODS to get an ice cream cone from McDonald's. She gave not a fuck.

Quoting muzzyh:

What about saying something like "everybody who helps gets to get a new box of crayons at the end of the week", something along those lines?

12345abcde54321
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM

when my kids refused to clean up i would carry them to the stuff that needed to be picked up, take their hands in mine and use their hands to pick the stuff up, carry them and the stuff to wherever it needed to go, open their hands back up to drop it in, repeat. after a few of these trips back and forth we're all laughing and the kid ends up agreeing to continue. maybe that would work.. 

GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I recently threatened to throw away DSs toys if he didn't help. He had just TRASHED his playroom, so I started picking things up and saying 'everything in this bag is going out'. He freaked out and helped. I felt so mean though. 

On the upside, if she's in bed early, that's an hour less where she can make a mess. Haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)