Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the flying shitballs.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

So I am obsessed with these discontinued boots, Keen brand, Kaci style, tall, black, size 10. Discontinued in 2010. I posted about buying them off this janky scam site a while ago (I didn't try it; good decision on my part). 

I obsessively searched for them, like at least once a day, for several months. I mean like mid-Jan through early April. I searched eBay, Amazon, the web, my local FB garage sale site. They're no where to be found. So I kind of gave up. 

Well I just looked again for funsies and what the fuck do you motherfucking know:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-New-Womens-Keen-Kaci-Boots-Leather-Black-sz-10-Waterproof-NEW-HTF-Tall-/130884772289?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item1e795721c1

It's even IN MY FUCKING SIZE and it SOLD ON APRIL 12TH?!??!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO OFFEND THE SHOE GODS SO TERRIBLY?!?!?!?! 

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatSkinnyGirl
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I remember that post!! That sucks dude!

Does the company have a fb page? Post on there if anyone has a pair to sell and start leaving comments on their posts about it?
BLACKWIDOW666
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I never understood why they do that if people like them sooooo much why stop makeing the stuff .. 

ButterBattle
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Ugh! I'm so sorry!!!

I like the lady above never understood why they discontinue things when it's obvious people still want them

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Usually it's because the material became too expensive to generate a profit. I always wondered why McDonald's only had their mcrib during certain times when people would go bat shit crazy over it. Well. It's because during certain times of the year, they get all the pork by products from farmers super cheap (after harvesting season), and they grind up all the unwanted parts, form it into a rib shape, and sell the disgusting shit. 

Quoting BLACKWIDOW666:

I never understood why they do that if people like them sooooo much why stop makeing the stuff .. 

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

When I made cloth diapers from bamboo fleece or bamboo cotton, it sold in seconds. People love the shit. But when the price shot up 40% for the fabric, and I in turn had to raise the price of the diapers, people didn't love it anymore. So I stopped ordering the fabric and stopped making cloth diapers out of them. Now minky diapers are all the rage, buy once minky goes up too, because it's suddenly popular, it will be the same thing.

laineysmum
by WWRPD? on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM

That's a good idea...

Quoting ThatSkinnyGirl:

I remember that post!! That sucks dude!

Does the company have a fb page? Post on there if anyone has a pair to sell and start leaving comments on their posts about it?

laineysmum
by WWRPD? on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I boke down and bought some in the brown color, because you can still get those in a few places. But no black :( 

DJ, that's a good point about the material, because they do use a certain type of leather that I haven't seen used on their other shoes. You just blew my mind. 

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
What blew your mind? The mcrib? It's made of pig heart, scalded stomach, and tripe (stomach tissue). They grind it, mix it, and form it. Fucking vomit.

Quoting laineysmum:

I boke down and bought some in the brown color, because you can still get those in a few places. But no black :( 

DJ, that's a good point about the material, because they do use a certain type of leather that I haven't seen used on their other shoes. You just blew my mind. 

muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm gonna blow my breakfast. Yuck.

Quoting Djinn83:

What blew your mind? The mcrib? It's made of pig heart, scalded stomach, and tripe (stomach tissue). They grind it, mix it, and form it. Fucking vomit.

Quoting laineysmum:

laineysmum
by WWRPD? on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha, no, that I have been searching keen shoes for months and just realized that the Kaci boot is made with different material.

I've always felt the McRib was a beautiful example of everything that is wrong in our country, and you just solidified it. Scalded stomach, what the fucking fuck. 

Quoting Djinn83:

Quoting laineysmum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN