• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i miss my kids

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 476 Total Views

my dad called me last night. he wanted to take my kids camping. he planned to leave this morning. he was so excited to take them and their cousin. and the boys wanted so badly to go. so i said yes.

i have plenty of things to do to fill my time while they're gone. and i am happy that they are off having a good time instead of being stuck with me while i accomplish these things. but waaaah i miss them. i love having them around.. they're my little sidekicks. nothing like their background noise and random hugs, kisses, and affectionate proclamations to make a day sweeter.

i'm going to join them on vacation on friday, after i get through this week of 'stuff'. that seems so far away!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tonesofhome
by ASSBANDS! on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM

awwww 

im sorry dude, 

they'll be home terrorizing you before you know it. 

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

they do terrorize me lol. i took my niece shopping this afternoon and it was actually really EASY! my boys are so wild. i have to constantly work to keep them under control. i had no idea shopping with a kid could be so carefree.

Quoting tonesofhome:

awwww 

im sorry dude, 

they'll be home terrorizing you before you know it. 

Lalina0508
by TheatricsOnTap on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Awww... I know how you feel. Whenever I'm away for conference I miss my boys! It'll go by fast  (((( ))))

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

lalina i know your boys are pretty close in age to mine. are your's totally crazy like 75% of the time? like are they each on a never-ending mission to make the other one laugh, and pretty much in a constant state of hysterics? 

ahh i miss their lunacy. they love me even though i have to be a killjoy all the time for the sake of propriety ;)

Quoting Lalina0508:

Awww... I know how you feel. Whenever I'm away for conference I miss my boys! It'll go by fast  (((( ))))

Lalina0508
by TheatricsOnTap on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Well mine mostly they spend their time trying to kill one another  *grins*  But they are pretty hilarious even then. I always miss baby snuggles (they'll always be my babies no matter how big they get)

I saw a lady and her DS on the subway yesterday and even though he was early teens he let her hold his hand for a few minutes and I just hope my boys still want to do that when they're older, too  <3

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

lalina i know your boys are pretty close in age to mine. are your's totally crazy like 75% of the time? like are they each on a never-ending mission to make the other one laugh, and pretty much in a constant state of hysterics? 

ahh i miss their lunacy. they love me even though i have to be a killjoy all the time for the sake of propriety ;)

Quoting Lalina0508:

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM

that is very sweet. i hope mine will still love me like they do as they get older. mine try to kill each other too, but they're more into just being wild as hell together.

Quoting Lalina0508:

Well mine mostly they spend their time trying to kill one another  *grins*  But they are pretty hilarious even then. I always miss baby snuggles (they'll always be my babies no matter how big they get)

I saw a lady and her DS on the subway yesterday and even though he was early teens he let her hold his hand for a few minutes and I just hope my boys still want to do that when they're older, too  <3

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Quoting Lalina0508:

Lalina0508
by TheatricsOnTap on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM

heh... my wee one is on the bed w/ me right playing his DS and every once in a while he''l stop to give me love and kisses... and then suck on the tip of my nose like the kissy thing in SMB galaxy! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fggS72oNzpI

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I totally need to 'miss' my kids..lol

Well I do the oldest all the time..she is still all hugs and kisses though

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM

cuhhhuute!

mine are probably helping their grampy to set up the campsite and rolling out their sleeping bags. they called me a few minutes ago. their voices are sooo cute and tiny on the phone.

Quoting Lalina0508:

heh... my wee one is on the bed w/ me right playing his DS and every once in a while he''l stop to give me love and kisses... and then suck on the tip of my nose like the kissy thing in SMB galaxy! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fggS72oNzpI

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

aww that gives me hope. my tiny heartache over parting with them for only 48 hrs today had me wondering how i was going to manage life once they hit high school and college age. as long as i get the hugs and kisses still i may survive.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I totally need to 'miss' my kids..lol

Well I do the oldest all the time..she is still all hugs and kisses though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)