Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mother leaves baby in car with a note..

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:10 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

The baby was spotted in the car park at Porirua Pak'nSave in Wellington,New Zealand, around 9am on Saturday, according to reports.

One passer-by told The New Zealand Herald: "[The note] was written from the baby's perspective, and it said 'My mum's in doing the shopping, call her if I need anything', and it had the cellphone number.

"We waited there fore a little bit, wondering if the mum was just going to be two seconds and come back. And my wife said, 'I'm not going in without someone being here with the baby'."

Other witnesses called the number on the note.

Police said the incident had not been reported so it would not be investigated.

"We don't know who the people are, we don't know the phone number, we don't know where to start," said spokesman Annie Coughlan.

"We would launch an investigation if we could but at this stage no one's come forward."

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:23 AM

I don't think the OP was there. I think it is an article.

Quoting PsychicAleta:

so is the phone number on the note real or not? Did the person who "called the number..." reach the mom or not? Funny u wld not tell us this in the story. So, let me get this straight, u saw this, someone in your presence called the number, and you either did or didnt reach the mom but you "dont know the number"  ??? So the person who called wandered off and neihter you nor the person called the cops to report this? So how do u know the cops wont investigate "because it wasnt reported" uless you DID call the cops. WTF?

ChristinaR
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this

why would anyone leave a baby that age in the car, thats when they are EASY to shop with, then again, why would ANYONE leave a baby or child int he car at all... i think she needs to be charged no matter what...people should really  go to a parental class before having babys.. geees

HIJKLM
by don't care on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Wow...
DustRadio
by kinkiest prude on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting PsychicAleta:

so is the phone number on the note real or not? Did the person who "called the number..." reach the mom or not? Funny u wld not tell us this in the story. So, let me get this straight, u saw this, someone in your presence called the number, and you either did or didnt reach the mom but you "dont know the number"  ??? So the person who called wandered off and neihter you nor the person called the cops to report this? So how do u know the cops wont investigate "because it wasnt reported" uless you DID call the cops. WTF?

I don't understand people who write out long responses like this and pepper it with text speak. you can't be bothered to write out "you" or "would", but write out the word "number" every time?

Sorry; text speak drives me bonkers.

DustRadio
by kinkiest prude on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM

As far as the woman in the OP goes, I can't really form an opinion without knowing how long the mother was gone, or how long she was intending to be gone.

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

this is a pretty old story...

laineysmum
by drag queen wanna-be on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha you know I don't check dates. Sorry. Didn't I link some pop culture thing from like 2 years ago here? Ugh my life. 

Quoting Rileyscute:

this is a pretty old story...

laineysmum
by drag queen wanna-be on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Have you ever read a news article, like, ever? What on Earth in the wording of that article (not to mention the embedded links) made you think I was recalling a first-person account? 

Quoting PsychicAleta:

hollyfulloflies
by Vagenda on Fire on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I think the fact that you didnt read the OP before commenting is a little disturbing.
laineysmum
by drag queen wanna-be on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM

If you're a psychic, how did you not know what the OP said? LOLOL (I kid)

I know this is the wrong quote but I'm way too lazy to go back a page. 

You should join the group. We love cuckoo pant's here. 

Quoting PsychicAleta:

I write in the way that works for me. I am a hunter/pecker so easier for me. If you don't like text speak, avoid reading my posts in the future, cause I will likely continue. I think the disturbing story is a little more important than how I type & which words I choose to abbreviate truly pales in comparison to the context.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)