Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy and easy chicken dinners?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 268 Total Views
I need some new ideas. What's your favorite chicken or vegetarian dinner?
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coug7099
by Less Shitty on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Since you asked for vegetarian you probably dont want this one but I love it. 

Place Boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot. In a Bowl mix 1 can of cream of chicken soup with 1/2 can of water and 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low all day. Serve with stuffing, rice or mashed potatoes. Tons of salt and calories but I don't care. I love it. 

This also works with steak and cream of mushroom soup. 

Nuagent
by not the generic blah on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM
4 moms liked this
My secret is that I go to Trader Joes and buy expensive, organic chicken. Then on the way out the door I throw it in the garbage and order pizza. Because every single fucking time I buy it, it smells rotten when I open it, regardless of the sell by date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DustRadio
by kinkiest prude on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Whole roasted chicken is super easy. I brush it with butter and shake on spices (chicken montreal, hickory BBQ, roasted garlic & onion, whatever you like.) (we get lots of mc cormick spice blends) and pop it in the oven covered with a foil tent, at three fifty.  Remove the foil after about 40 minutes and baste it with the juices everyten  minutes to brown the skin.  Depending on how big the bird is, it'll be done when the skin browns up, and tender as fuck.

Just make sure the juices run clear.

SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Stuff the bird with herb butter! Holy shit that's delish.

Quoting DustRadio:

Whole roasted chicken is super easy. I brush it with butter and shake on spices (chicken montreal, hickory BBQ, roasted garlic & onion, whatever you like.) (we get lots of mc cormick spice blends) and pop it in the oven covered with a foil tent, at three fifty.  Remove the foil after about 40 minutes and baste it with the juices everyten  minutes to brown the skin.  Depending on how big the bird is, it'll be done when the skin browns up, and tender as fuck.

Just make sure the juices run clear.

SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Sweet garlic chicken. I saw this on Facebook this morning. I was hoping the recipe would have copied too. I'll try again. I'm making this tomorrow.
Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I got it for you..

Photo

Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken Ingredients 4-6 chicken breasts 1 cup packed brown sugar 2/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar) 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular) 2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic 2 Tablespoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper 2 Tablespoons corn starch 2 Tablespoons water Red pepper flakes (optional) Directions Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down). Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. This can be served over rice or noodles, I also like it with a baked potato on the side (It's good on top of the
Quoting SASSYCJB:

Sweet garlic chicken. I saw this on Facebook this morning. I was hoping the recipe would have copied too. I'll try again. I'm making this tomorrow.

SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Thanks lady!!

Quoting Rileyscute:

I got it for you..

Photo

Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken

Ingredients
4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons water
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen,
thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar,
soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on
low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and
pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix
together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let
sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to
thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a
minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).

Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. This can be served over
rice or noodles, I also like it with a baked potato on the side (It's
good on top of the
Quoting SASSYCJB:

DustRadio
by kinkiest prude on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Quoting SASSYCJB:

Stuff it how?

SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
just shove butter and herbs maybe some lemon wedges up the cavity makes it super juicy and tender.

Quoting DustRadio:

Quoting SASSYCJB:

Stuff it how?

BoobPunch
by HorseLime on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's best (IMO) if you put the butter underneath the skin. It makes it soooo good.

Quoting DustRadio:

Quoting SASSYCJB:

Stuff it how?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)