Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm mad for so many people right now!!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 379 Total Views
There's a shooting at our local Children's hospital. But, it could gave been prevented 100%.

Some guy, with a background, went to the neonatal unit to see, presumably his, baby. Officers knew he was there and went to arrest him for owning a weapon. Duh. He was holding the baby, set down the baby, tried to flee and blah, blah police shot him.

The commissioner said he wasn't there with a weapon to shoot people up... he was there to see the baby and was carrying the weapon on him. Now they've got a whole lot of parents and staff who are traumatized. This woman on the news just said she had to "unplug" her 3 week old son and run to hide.

I'm so pissed at the police department right now. This could have been prevented. This didn't have to happen at all.
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mysokalledlife
by Nothing to see here. on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM
A 7 year old on crutches was with his dad for a surgical consult. Over the loudspeaker they announced that there was on active shooter on the 7th floor and they went to run, but he couldn't so his dad picked him up and whisked him off to the hospital across the street which was in lock down. Someone eventually let them in.

Can the imagine the kids old enough to understand what "active shooter" means? A kid stuck in bed, hooked up the machines, unable to move? And those babies who had to be unplugged. How fucking scary. I'm fuming. The police fucking suck.
Eadanu
by sugarduh on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM

OMG I heard about it but I didn't know all that. WTF is wrong with the police? UGH!

mama24sweeties
by Tomato Ho on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Holy crap!

Nuagent
by not the generic blah on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
That is horrific
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piratehooker
by Hot Sex on the Hi-Cs on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Fuck that's awful
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Wow!!! Why choose a hospital? Wait, maybe that's the best place to have a shoot out.
coug7099
by Less Shitty on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

The police will go where ever the person is when they have a warrant but I agree, they could have arrested him before he went in or as he was leaving if they were there waiting for him. 

My guess is that someone knew he had a warrant, called the police, the officers went in expecting a peaceful resolution and all Hell broke loose. 

Pat least he set the baby down and did not try to use him as a shield. So tragic for everyone involved. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN