Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Fail?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 444 Total Views

DS and I watched Dirty Harry, the Enforcer, and started Josey Wales, but he has to go to bed. He's 4.5. I loved getting to watch movies I love so much with him, and explaining why they're so cool.  They're not really as violent as I remember, and there isn't really any bad language. He's a nonviolent child, so it was fun to be able to watch these movies, and not have to worry that he's going to go back to school and kick some ass for no reason. Any 'holiday fails' or your own?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
5 moms liked this
I was on the phone with my sister the other day, she told me a really funny story and at the end of it I laughed and said "what a butthole". My 3.5 yo spent the next hour saying "mom said butthole. You shouldn't say butthole. Butthole is bad word. Gramma doesn't like it when people use potty talk like butthole. Butthole butthole butthole."

Oops.
SASSYCJB
by sweet sassy molassey on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Nope but it reminds me of my Dad and me watching Beverly Hills Cop. I was young and it was full of bad language, but was one of the best memories and still is my all time favorite movie.
DustRadio
by kinkiest prude on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I wouldn't call that a mom fail at all.

Of course, I let my kids watch Godzilla movies at age 2, so...

PitchesEatFree
by You've Seen Me Aroun on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Laughing at the butthole thing :). Hai Dusty!

DustRadio
by kinkiest prude on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Hi.

loopymom4
by HeartlessNoSoulBitch on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM
My niece thinks stupid is a bad word. Drives me crazy.
GoRed
by Not A Sheephole on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

That's stupid. Hahaha

Quoting loopymom4: My niece thinks stupid is a bad word. Drives me crazy.

Soulprncs2
by EI Favorite on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM

ODD watches Criminal Minds.  Last night, since school was cancelled, they were all in the room watching The Blacklist and The Following.  I feel bad about The Following.  That is so not a good show for kids to watch.  ODD just kept saying, "I don't get it".  I had to explain somethings to her. YDD (4) is in the room right now while I watch Sleepy Hollow.  She is not really paying attention.  We all go and watch the Superhero movies together, even though ODD not really into it.  I took all the kids (4, 8, 11) to see Catching Fire, which I think is rated PG-13.  The killing makes me a little uncomfortable, but I will admit the sex stuff makes me more uncomfortable.  I fast forwarded through the pool party on RHOBH, because of the painted nude ladies.  ODD was the only one paying attention.  I am already thought of as a bad parent on BHB, so, meh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)