Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Common Sense is gone

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM
  • 140 Replies
  • 5207 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I have to laugh at some of the posts I see on Babycenter.  I lurk over there because it is funny to read. 

"Help, we were outside last night and now LO has these bites.  What are they?"  Really, common sense says they are mosquito bites.  They look like mosquito bites and you WERE OUTSIDE AT NIGHT! Is there anyone who can think for themselves over there, or do they all need validation from strangers?  I can see if it is some crazy rash and you want to see if anyone else has had the same experience, but mosquito bites?  C'mon!

by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperGirlAgain
by To The Rescue! on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:27 AM
8 moms liked this
I'm not sure how some people even had kids, I mean did they need to make a post to get step by step instructions on how to have sex?

They just ask for ridicule and I'm usually there to give them some.
Thebubz
by pretty kitty on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
There are a few people that seem to post about every question and/or decision they face in their daily life.
Lalina0508
by ladorable evening on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM
5 moms liked this
I think those ppl suffer from AWitis.

Quoting Thebubz: There are a few people that seem to post about every question and/or decision they face in their daily life.
Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

lol..have you been to the confessions group on CM??

MamaSteph05
by You've Seen Me Aroun on Jun. 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My poor brain after reading posts there. I hate all the anon crap there too.

Quoting Rileyscute:

lol..have you been to the confessions group on CM??

Harlot
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM
7 moms liked this

I totally agree with you. I'm also known for having a pet peeve about trigger warnings. They use trigger for spiders. Spiders. It completely undermines the meaning of the word trigger. And then you put the whole actual trigger in the title like "infant death" or something but still have to put trigger next to that and in the body of the post. Sigh. I thought we were grown ups?  People can be pretty ridiculous. 

Quoting Nykki22:

I have to laugh at some of the posts I see on Babycenter.  I lurk over there because it is funny to read. 

"Help, we were outside last night and now LO has these bites.  What are they?"  Really, common sense says they are mosquito bites.  They look like mosquito bites and you WERE OUTSIDE AT NIGHT! Is there anyone who can think for themselves over there, or do they all need validation from strangers?  I can see if it is some crazy rash and you want to see if anyone else has had the same experience, but mosquito bites?  C'mon!

Harlot
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Mismatched socks?  Witty?

Quoting Thebubz: There are a few people that seem to post about every question and/or decision they face in their daily life.

Thebubz
by pretty kitty on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this
They are the two that first popped into my head. There was another one AbbyW something but I haven't seen her since she had a thread that go bad. (I can't remember what the thread was about).
Harlot
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Sock lady is particularly bad about this. She posts about waking up and getting dressed. Ok maybe not literally but maybe

Quoting Thebubz: They are the two that first popped into my head. There was another one AbbyW something but I haven't seen her since she had a thread that go bad. (I can't remember what the thread was about).

MondoMando
by Hunty on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I've seen Maine post 5 threads within 36 hours. True story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN