Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This right here is what is annoying abt bhb

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 1014 Total Views
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a50755786/is_this_odd?cpg=-1#c2460432442

What in the op suggest the kid is troubled? I know I probably annoyed the hell out of my friends' parents by always asking for them to play. I know my kids alwaya want someone other than their siblings to play with.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laineysmum
by WWRPD? on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:10 PM
It set off red flags for me but perhaps just because I have a few people very close to me who were abused starting around that age.
The.Last.Rebel
by Rope Bunny on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM
The replies are sad :(

LuckyFKcharms
by FuckToyAutocorrect on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I don't have a problem with it being a boy or a girl. My problem is what does a 7yr old have in common with a 2yr old? My dd tries to play with the older kids around here. They will entertain her for a few then leave. I do think the Op is over thinking though.
Thebubz
by pretty kitty on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:33 PM
I find it a little odd considering the age difference but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the kids a pervert.
Fibonaccisequin
by Whipper of masses on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Read that, remembered growing up in apartment complexes with attention from older boys and l’appel du vide right out of the the thread. Translation: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Fuck that.

Mystar12713
by Still Suspect on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Yeah read that no way would my two year old play at a 7 year olds house. I just don't think there is a need for that at my daughters age.

But yes it is so annoying how the comments go straight to that type of response. She never said anything about abuse!
SnakePitSnake
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:54 AM
I read the OP and a few comments.

Personally, the age difference is way too big for my comfort. Also, it's not big enough for the boy to supervise the 2 year old, and that's what would bother me most about them being alone. Two year olds are still really little and don't get danger! When DD was two we lived in this 3rd floor apartment and she just didn't get why she couldn't play by or mess with/ near the windows. Scared the life out of me! I had to keep them shut all summer in the heat. .but I digress.

What *really* threw me reading the post though was the 7 year old's lack of boundaries. Shoot, when I was a kid I definitely didn't like to talk to anyone else's parents. Even friends' parents, I'd feel uncomfortable asking for things at their house. Kids have gotten pretty pushy, no? I can't imagine ever having the cajones to ask repeatedly for something from someone else's mom after being told no.

Okay rants done for *now*
Soulprncs2
by PrincessBroad on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think she should send her kid over to the boy's house, but it is not unusual for kids to ask for someone to play with. I'm constantly telling my kids not to bother their friends' parents, but kids don't get it, even older kids. Don't your kids ask u a million times for something? They do it to other adults, too. I don't mind kids asking for things while they are at my house and have no trouble telling them hey we will let u know when the kids can play. Why can't the op just say my dd is really young and I can't let her go to ur house by herself, but when we are outside we would be more than happy to play with u.

It is not weird for kids to want to play with other kids, any kids that available.
12345abcde54321
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM

My kids play with a 14yo boy. I supervise at all times, but they do have fun together so I don't think it's necessarily all that weird.

My thoughts on it are this: we never know another person's motivation, so I don't waste time trying to pinpoint it. I would assume that the child just really enjoys playing with mine and would just allow play only in my presence. At that young age, I wouldn't go for playdates that don't include me with anyone other than family.

12345abcde54321
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, I used to knock on this poor old lady's door several times a day every day when I was a kid to ask her if it was time to take her dog for a walk yet. I loved to go with them.

We were always torturing the parents of the other kids on the street, actually. Some more than others. Our neighborhood was loaded with kids and we were always at each others' front doors knocking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)