Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can conquer the world

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 414 Total Views
1 mom liked this
As long as i get a 20 minutw power nap around 2 pm. Otherwise im useless. Ive always been this way.

Anybody else have this problem? If not, how do you keep your energy up?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

nap??

I only get those during the school year

umm..I have been drinking coffee all day

Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
After a certain point, coffee only makes me more tired.

Quoting Rileyscute:

nap??

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Riley has gone on a non sleeping jag as of late..ugh..

I may break my general rule and get him some melatonin..(it didn't work when he was younger) something has got to break it..he starts school the 13th of august

and..so..the coffee is neither here nor there really..

Quoting Djinn83: After a certain point, coffee only makes me more tired.
Quoting Rileyscute:

nap??

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I take 15-20 min naps a few times a week. They make all the difference in the world.
laineysmum
by WWRPD? on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I can only nap in the mornings. That only happens when/if the 2 year old is up really late or really early, because usually she crashes after lunch (or when DH is around on Saturday mornings).

I used to be able to nap anytime anywhere but now if I try to fall asleep in the afternoon it doesn't matter if I wake up in 20 minutes or the so-called "perfect" 90, I feel drugged for the rest of the day :(

But if I could nap from 10-11:30 every morning, I would love life. So, so much. 

Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
20 minutes of "dozing" is perfect for me. Otherwise i feel sluggish too.

Quoting laineysmum:

I can only nap in the mornings. That only happens when/if the 2 year old is up really late or really early, because usually she crashes after lunch (or when DH is around on Saturday mornings).

I used to be able to nap anytime anywhere but now if I try to fall asleep in the afternoon it doesn't matter if I wake up in 20 minutes or the so-called "perfect" 90, I feel drugged for the rest of the day :(

But if I could nap from 10-11:30 every morning, I would love life. So, so much. 

Fibonaccisequin
by Whipper of masses on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I take an Emergen-C around that time and chug some water. If I nap I get a nap hangover for the rest of the day.

Katimmy
by Frisky Business on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Katimmy's secret to napping ®

Drink a cup of coffee right before you go nap. Caffeine takes about 20-30 minutes to really work. So when you wake up you feel refreshed and energized.
lostinadream
by lainey's soulmate on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I have a tendency to stay up way too late. I have gotten to the point where I don't fall asleep until 2 usually. I'm up between 7-8 and end up napping with my 16 month old. My 7 year old usually has that time to read / do school work without her brother running around.

Lalina0508
by TheatricsOnTap on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM
I physically can not short nap. Anything less than an hour and i just wake up feeling more sluggish and out of sorts. Even an hour isn't really enough!

Usually I'll sleep in on the weekends to recharge. My guys are old enough to entertain themselves (thank god!) so I'll get up long enough to give them breakfast and then crawl back into bed for a couple hours!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)