Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has a dog?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 630 Total Views

Soo it's been determined by the vet that in addition to the seizures, our doggie also has an inflammatory bowel disease. At least she's cool with me sticking pills down her throat several times a day. We're up to 5 now, and I will have to buy her new special dog food tomorrow.
Not complaining (well, I am a little because the stress and expense are both kind of high, but I know this is what I signed up for when I got her all of those years ago) just wanted to talk about it and I thought we might have dog owners in the group who can relate.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM
5 moms liked this

This is my girl. She's the love of my life.. well, one of them  :)

mama24sweeties
by Tomato Ho on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I have a six year old Boston. She has had ear problems since birth. She always has a fucking ear infection. I feel so bad for her. I have literally cleaned her ears out almost every day for six years! She HATES IT! Like if she even sees me go over to the cabinet, it's on. She runs and hides every day when it's time to do it. She's such a baby.

When she has an infection, it's even worse because after the cleaning, I have to put drops in and hold her still for a few minutes. It sucks.

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww poor thing. You're so good to do that for her all the time. Imagine how bad it would be otherwise?

Quoting mama24sweeties:

I have a six year old Boston. She has had ear problems since birth. She always has a fucking ear infection. I feel so bad for her. I have literally cleaned her ears out almost every day for six years! She HATES IT! Like if she even sees me go over to the cabinet, it's on. She runs and hides every day when it's time to do it. She's such a baby.

When she has an infection, it's even worse because after the cleaning, I have to put drops in and hold her still for a few minutes. It sucks.

DustRadio
by Nancy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I have these guys.

your GSD is gorgeous.  I had one before we got these, he had a lot of behavioral problems and we poured a ton of time and drugs and money into him, so I can somewhat relate. I'm so sorry he's having problems; I'm sure it's heartbreaking at times.

Hugs.

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Omg they're so freaking cute! Are they young? They have a puppy look to them. I want them!

My GSD is 11 yrs old so.

Quoting DustRadio:

I have these guys.

your GSD is gorgeous.  I had one before we got these, he had a lot of behavioral problems and we poured a ton of time and drugs and money into him, so I can somewhat relate. I'm so sorry he's having problems; I'm sure it's heartbreaking at times.

Hugs.

DustRadio
by Nancy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Omg they're so freaking cute! Are they young? They have a puppy look to them. I want them!

My GSD is 11 yrs old so.

Quoting DustRadio:

I have these guys.

Hugs.

Around fourteen/fifteen weeks or so, so still puppies. 

Insane, insane little puppies. I've never had 2 puppies at once, let alone 2 of such an active breed. We love the shit out of them, though.

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohh wow 15 weeks.. Insane I'm sure! :) They look positively adorable. What breed are they? Love their brindle coats..

Quoting DustRadio:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

My GSD is 11 yrs old so.

Quoting DustRadio:

I have these guys.

Hugs.

Around fourteen/fifteen weeks or so, so still puppies. 

Insane, insane little puppies. I've never had 2 puppies at once, let alone 2 of such an active breed. We love the shit out of them, though.

DustRadio
by Nancy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Dutch Shepherds; they'll be a little bit smaller than a GSD. Males seem to top out at 80 pounds, females about ten to fifteen pounds less. We have a male and a female. the one with the little M on his chest in the pic is the boy.

their ears were almost all the way up, and then when they started teething again, they flopped back down.  We get one up one down some days which is cuuuuuuuute.

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to..he died :(

The.Last.Rebel
by Rope Bunny on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a husband, who's up to 14 pills a day on a special diet, does that count? He also doesn't like it when I leash him :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)