Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Movies you just can't seem to understand?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 63 Replies
  • 1092 Total Views
I watched "Curse of the Golden Flower" for the hundredth time today. And I love the movie, most parts I understand. But there's a lot I don't. Why poison the empress? Because of her affair? Why did his first wife get kicked to the curb? What happens after her son killed himself? Drives me nuts! Anyone else have any movies they just don't understand no matter how many times they watch it?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Requiem for a dream. Total mind fuck. I guess I understand it.... But good lord! It gets my brain twisted.

and, a clock work orange. 

MamaCC2013
by ray of sunshine on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Huh! I've never heard of either of them. Just their titles are confusing me lol.

Quoting Djinn83:

Requiem for a dream. Total mind fuck. I guess I understand it.... But good lord! It gets my brain twisted.

bschaad
by SpadersVader on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM
The Libertine. I watched for Johnny Depp and was left going WTF.
Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

You've never seen requiem for a dream? Put the kids to bed and watch it! Jared Leto, one of the wayans brothers, Jennifer connely. 

Cult classic. 

Quoting MamaCC2013: Huh! I've never heard of either of them. Just their titles are confusing me lol.
Quoting Djinn83:

SnakePitSnake
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm convinced A Clockwork Orange has literally no meaning and was simply an excuse for gratuitous, frivolous violence. Gaggggg

Quoting Djinn83:

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Vanilla Sky..I was like..wtf is this stupid weird??

Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Stanley Kubrick insists that it's social commentary. He always leaves me going...wtf? The shining?!?!?!

i didn't read either book though.

Quoting SnakePitSnake: I'm convinced A Clockwork Orange has literally no meaning and was simply an excuse for gratuitous, frivolous violence. Gaggggg
Quoting Djinn83:

MamaCC2013
by ray of sunshine on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I haven't. Do you think Hastings would have it? What's it sort of about?

Quoting Djinn83:

You've never seen requiem for a dream? Put the kids to bed and watch it! Jared Leto, one of the wayans brothers, Jennifer connely. 

Cult classic. 

Quoting MamaCC2013: Huh! I've never heard of either of them. Just their titles are confusing me lol.

Quoting Djinn83:

MamaCC2013
by ray of sunshine on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I think I saw that once. Because Tom Cruise.

Quoting Rileyscute:

Vanilla Sky..I was like..wtf is this stupid weird??

Djinn83
by DYKEFIEND on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Yes, they would.

its about drug use. But soooooo much more than that. 

Quoting MamaCC2013: I haven't. Do you think Hastings would have it? What's it sort of about?
Quoting Djinn83:

Cult classic. 

Quoting Djinn83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)