• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The word for today is...propaganda.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 43 Replies
  • 1077 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Wtf? This popped up on my FB feed. I'm no fan of Obama. I went across party lines and voted for him, but I am very displeased. However, this picture is ridiculous. How fucking staged.

This picture pisses me off because:

1. They are assuming most Amercians are too dumb to not see how staged this is.

2. This puts out a very offensive image of welfare recipients. 

3. Pictures like this are damaging to the self esteem of people, especially moms, who need assistance and are trying their best. 

When I was a young single mom with my first two kids, I needed help and received it. It got me through college while also working. I remember feeling judged at the checkout at the grocery store when I used my EBT card. 

Even if the pic is real, wtf do they know about this lady's life?

Maybe being pissed off about a picture on FB is stupid considering all of the other shit going on, but social morale is important in times of trouble. Disgusting!

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Valkyrine
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I've started just scrolling right on by any political posts because of shit like this. Even if I might agree with them.

It makes my blood boil.

DGenzo
by The Realest on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to unfriend my own brother because of all the anti-Obama shit.. the welfare shaming.. the healthcare garbage

It drives me nuts !!! I am not a fan of Obama, but dont badger me with your propaganda bullshit

and yes that popping up on my news feed would make me flip. I would probably block that person too

12345abcde54321
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM
6 moms liked this

I hate propaganda in general. It confuses the dumb people and dumb people are allowed to vote too.

DGenzo
by The Realest on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

and that is scary as fuck lol

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

I hate propaganda in general. It confuses the dumb people and dumb people are allowed to vote too.

Boom
Orlynao
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Lmao off

That's terrible.

There's nothing wrong with having assistance if you need it, especially when it is used to help you so you can get back on your feet. They need to be more creative with their bullshit
Soulprncs2
by PrincessBroad on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, because nothing on the other side is staged.  It is all propaganda.  Sorry, but I don't believe much of what comes from both sides.  

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I seriously almost unfriended someone over a birth control thing the other day..ugh

I hate the shit

Katimmy
by Frisky Business on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this
I have unfollowed 7 people on fb in the past 3 days. I can't stand political posts or vague-booking. Oh and I unfriend anyone who says they are cleaning up their friends list and comment if you wanna stay on theirs. Nope. I don't beg for friends.
AllieKat
by Rebel's Behatch on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom is a registered tea party member. It is the woooorst. She is half deaf and goes on thinly veiled racist rants about o'bama in public. It kills me, absolutely kills me.
Soulprncs2
by PrincessBroad on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I have met some Tea Party members and even attended events.  DH is active in politics and doesn't follow the party line.  I would like to say that not every Tea Party member is like your mother. Not sure if you were implying that or not. 

And just for FYI, DH is an elected member of the state Republican party and currently disagreeing on a particular subject.  He is in the miniority.  I won't go into specifics, because I am sure it will bore most.  I tune out most of the time.  Just don't like the label that most Conservatives, Reps, TP members get.  There are extremes in any party.  Just seems the loudest voice on the Internet and elsewhere is negatively generalizing the Right side. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)