Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So much FAIL

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM
  • 26 Replies
  • 702 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperGirlAgain
by To The Rescue! on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Oh fuck, what did I miss?
Dallasmama815
by Still Suspect on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Closeted racist.
Dallasmama815
by Still Suspect on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:25 AM
An someone PLEASE find an elementary school that is as close to all back that rates an 8 or higher at greatschools.org
She issued a challenge and this bitch needs to eat crow.
SuperGirlAgain
by To The Rescue! on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I wonder if her ass is jealous of all the shit that comes out of her mouth.
SnakePitSnake
by Define "Fuckateer" on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM
To think. I once enjoyed participating in those type of conversations.

People be up in arms on all sides.

I think I've chilled the fuck out (a LOT) since joining the mom cafe
Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I went to a predominately black school until highschool. That shit sucks. And it has nothing to do with racism. It's not racist to recognize the problems in the black community. Black kids who live in predominately black neighborhoods have disproportionately high rates of behavior and violence issues, not to mention severe psychological and emotional problems. It's just a fact. You can blame it on poverty or institutional racism, but that doesn't change the facts. I wouldn't send my kids either. I would never willingly subject them to the torture and horror show that I endured while attending a "black school". And anybody who says they wouldn't have a problem sending their kid is full of shit. 

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:33 AM

There are charter schools in New York that are predominately black that are highly rated. But you won't find a predominately black public school that is highly rated. Black schools are in poverty stricken areas, which means lower property taxes, lower school funding, lower quality schools. 

Quoting Dallasmama815: An someone PLEASE find an elementary school that is as close to all back that rates an 8 or higher at greatschools.org She issued a challenge and this bitch needs to eat crow.

Thebubz
by pretty kitty on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I was wondering why a kindergarten thread was getting so much attention...
I actually see where the OP is coming from. We recently moved from an area with a large amount undocumented non-english speaking people because I didn't want my kid to go to school with a bunch of kids that can't speak English. We're now in one of the top districts in the state and the % of ESL students is almost nonexistent. It had nothing to do with racism and everything to do with giving my kid the best shot at a good education.
12345abcde54321
by French Maid on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to word this. Black is just not the issue here.

Poverty is the issue. Crime is the issue. Gangs are the issue. Drugs are the issue. My heart truly breaks for the children born into those areas, and for the many parents who are stuck there due to poverty but not involved in the criminal activity; but yes, those children are exposed to terrible things. They have major issues. Those schools are impoverished. They can't keep teachers, and the special education workload is too high to manage properly.

I know these things first hand. Love the children, hate the environment.

I also have seen the difference between a school funded by taxes provided by an impoverished city, and one in a town where the residents have money and the property value is high. It's incomparable.

Quoting Djinn83:

I went to a predominately black school until highschool. That shit sucks. And it has nothing to do with racism. It's not racist to recognize the problems in the black community. Black kids who live in predominately black neighborhoods have disproportionately high rates of behavior and violence issues, not to mention severe psychological and emotional problems. It's just a fact. You can blame it on poverty or institutional racism, but that doesn't change the facts. I wouldn't send my kids either. I would never willingly subject them to the torture and horror show that I endured while attending a "black school". And anybody who says they wouldn't have a problem sending their kid is full of shit. 

Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Everyone of those bitches on there are either straight up lying, or need a huge reality check. Minority schools are rife with problems and violence, and are low quality schools. It's a fact that not even black leaders deny. There are disagreements as to the cause of these problems, and how to fix it, but nobody in their right mind denies that these problems exist. Are we so afraid now that we can't even state a  act? It blows my fucking mind that people can be so ignorant or so PC that they ignore such obvious problems. And their unwillingness to recognize these problems does NOTHING but perpetuate them.  Education in minority and impoverished schools is abhorrent and something needs to be done. If stating the obvious is being racist, then nothing will ever be done and it will only continue. Leave your white guilt and overly PC attitude at the door and let's fix this problem. 

Quoting Thebubz: I was wondering why a kindergarten thread was getting so much attention... I actually see where the OP is coming from. We recently moved from an area with a large amount undocumented non-english speaking people because I didn't want my kid to go to school with a bunch of kids that can't speak English. We're now in one of the top districts in the state and the % of ESL students is almost nonexistent. It had nothing to do with racism and everything to do with giving my kid the best shot at a good education.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)