Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anybody had the stomach to watch the video?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:34 PM
  • 63 Replies
  • 1420 Total Views

Apparantly there is a video of the beheading of an American journalist available for the viewing of the whole world. How disgusting. I can't even look at the pictures. Gross.

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnakePitSnake
by Define "Fuckateer" on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:03 PM
:(

I am sure there are some nasty people who watch it for gratuitous purposes..but it doesn't have to be that way, maybe.

I haven't seen it, but I did see the beheading of Daniel Pearl. It was on a dvd about the jihadist movement, probably ten years ago now. It was literally the most gruesome, awful thing I've ever seen.

It happened. I don't plan to see it, but I don't think that everyone who watches is disgusting. It's about how you react and feel. :(

May he rest in peace
Valkyrine
by Chooser Of The Slain on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I haven't.

I'm torn between thinking that watching it just supports the terror, and not watching it supports willful ignorance and pretending that the terror is just not real.

I don't want to watch it.
ladiefurious
by let down your hair on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I can not even stomach the though of it. Everyone keeps posting it and posting it. My great grandma would say "it's the coming of the end if the world!! We better pray!"
TheRealMcBeal
by Ally on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Right, I don't think by watching it, it makes you a villain. However, I can't even watch the previews for the new movie "NO good deed" without being freaked out, and this is real life. I pray for his family to have to see that.

Quoting SnakePitSnake: :( I am sure there are some nasty people who watch it for gratuitous purposes..but it doesn't have to be that way, maybe. I haven't seen it, but I did see the beheading of Daniel Pearl. It was on a dvd about the jihadist movement, probably ten years ago now. It was literally the most gruesome, awful thing I've ever seen. It happened. I don't plan to see it, but I don't think that everyone who watches is disgusting. It's about how you react and feel. :( May he rest in peace

Mygirl30248
by Still Suspect on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM
How horrible. I'm not interested in seeing it. I honestly do not watch & read the news bc the world is nothing but crime. Every time I watch the news someone us dieing. I'm not being ignorant or blind but seriously what can I do to help at this time? Later in my life I can try but with a small child I just need to protect her.

May this man RIP
Thebubz
by pretty kitty on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I very briefly considered watching it but I don't think I'm going to. I think those images would haunt me for the rest of my life. H watched the Daniel Pearl video years ago and and said it was beyond awful :(
DensHag
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Same here....I won't watch it.  I DID watched the Daniel Pearl one, and it was very disturbing.

Quoting Thebubz: I very briefly considered watching it but I don't think I'm going to. I think those images would haunt me for the rest of my life. H watched the Daniel Pearl video years ago and and said it was beyond awful :(

DirtyBirdie
by Sketchmo on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I watched the video.

It was the most vile, disturbing thing I've ever seen. I had nightmares last night, and I NEVER have nightmares.

I think I wanted to see it so I could realize how prevalent terrorism and extremism is in these situations. It's one thing to hear about someone being murdered - it's quite different to actually see it. The rage is stronger. It made a difference to me. It made me care more.
muzzyh
by Perfect 10 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM
No thanks.
SnakePitSnake
by Define "Fuckateer" on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
That's me - I feel like without watching it we can't acknowledge exactly what is going on and know what he went through. So sad. Fucking animals.

Quoting Valkyrine: I haven't.

I'm torn between thinking that watching it just supports the terror, and not watching it supports willful ignorance and pretending that the terror is just not real.

I don't want to watch it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)