Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another death.

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM
  • 53 Replies
  • 820 Total Views
Journalist Steven Sotloff has been executed by ISIS. What will the president do with all these be headings? Ugh.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/world/meast/isis-american-journalist-sotloff/index.html
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

what is the expectation of what he should do??

just curious..I see this sentiment a lot

another trillion dollar war..perhaps?

MamaCC2013
by ray of sunshine on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I honestly don't know what the right solution is or what he should do. Its just a messy situation all around. Its the expression, "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

Quoting Rileyscute:

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I mean..these journalists KNOW where they are going, and the potential risk..is it fucking horrible, yes! But atrocities happen all over, too frequently...there is no answer that makes sense

Quoting MamaCC2013: I honestly don't know what the right solution is or what he should do. Its just a messy situation all around. Its the expression, "damned if you do, damned if you don't"
Quoting Rileyscute:

SnakePitSnake
by Define "Fuckateer" on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
:( Once they've got our citizens, I don't know what could be done short of finding the base of this operation and raiding it. Are they not trying to do that? I assume they are and it's a minefield...

But the nature of ISIS is such that we'd only be able to destroy small parts. They'd be replaced and multiplied quickly.

I'm genuinely curious what others feel should be done as well..Once they are captured? And should we limit travel to these places that our civilians get kidnapped?

Quoting Rileyscute:

SnakePitSnake
by Define "Fuckateer" on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:24 PM
John McCain...where are you? Come at me bro
Soulprncs2
by EI Favorite on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he can stop ignoring what is going on and actually listen to some advisors and figure out a game plan. He wanted this job, he has it. It is time to stop campaigning and fucking do his job!
KarmaChameleon
by FuckinLizardKing on Sep. 3, 2014 at 12:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm indifferent on Obama, but I'm really bothered by statements like this. Do you really think he is just sitting by idlely? I'm sure the US has a host of plans set in/being set in motion. Do you think the media knows of everything that the government has in the works? Do you think that there aren't any black ops initiatives working on this very matter?

The US does not engage terrorists, but that does not mean we aren't doing anything about it.

Quoting Soulprncs2: Maybe he can stop ignoring what is going on and actually listen to some advisors and figure out a game plan. He wanted this job, he has it. It is time to stop campaigning and fucking do his job!
loopymom4
by HeartlessNoSoulBitch on Sep. 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM
He's an idiot. He's probably pissed because this is interfering with his social life.

Quoting Soulprncs2: Maybe he can stop ignoring what is going on and actually listen to some advisors and figure out a game plan. He wanted this job, he has it. It is time to stop campaigning and fucking do his job!
Djinn83
by lainey's idol on Sep. 3, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Fuck no. We are useless when it comes to fighting an immoral insurgency.

What he should be doing, and may be doing, is pressuring the neighboring arab states to handle their fucking business. We give how many billions to saudi in military goods and weapons? Jordan, turkey? Isis is a threat to the royal family, and saudi can and will exterminate them swiftly. They just dont want to right now because they are sunni, and dont want to be seen as supporting the Shia iraq government and Iran (not only shia but persian! Arabs are extremely racist). Sunni saudis dont give a fuck about the beheadings or genocide in iraq. Saudi will hold out until isis is a threat. Turkey and jordan as well. But with boko haram expanding and estabishing a calephate to the west, hezbollah in lebanon, hamas in palestine, they better hurry before they get overrun on all fronts. Too many politics in play here.

Quoting Rileyscute:

Rileyscute
by Beccasgorgeous on Sep. 3, 2014 at 7:56 AM

we agree here..I do believe there is a lot of politics involved right now

I do think on average, the gov't isn't going to share exactly what they are doing with the public, and then the public, being sheep in a lot of respects to the media believe nothing at all is being done

Quoting Djinn83: Fuck no. We are useless when it comes to fighting an immoral insurgency. What he should be doing, and may be doing, is pressuring the neighboring arab states to handle their fucking business. We give how many billions to saudi in military goods and weapons? Jordan, turkey? Isis is a threat to the royal family, and saudi can and will exterminate them swiftly. They just dont want to right now because they are sunni, and dont want to be seen as supporting the Shia iraq government and Iran (not only shia but persian! Arabs are extremely racist). Sunni saudis dont give a fuck about the beheadings or genocide in iraq. Saudi will hold out until isis is a threat. Turkey and jordan as well. But with boko haram expanding and estabishing a calephate to the west, hezbollah in lebanon, hamas in palestine, they better hurry before they get overrun on all fronts. Too many politics in play here.
Quoting Rileyscute:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN