Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommended reads

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 69 Total Views

These are books that I came to love on addiction and how to cope with a loved one who is an addict. If you have any recommendations feel free to add.

When my sister got out of rehab I bought this book off Amazon. I felt like she had become an addict because I wasn't there for her after our dad had passed away. We were both young and I had absorbed myself into my own world of self medicating.After reading this book to cope, and understand the feelings of others who were dealing with an addict in the family I felt a bit of relief that I wasn't alone. The author of this book is the mother of a herion addict. she interviews others who have a loved one that are an addict. It makes you feel like your not alone. Each story in a way you can relate. I then later on learned in al-anon the "Three C's" I can't control it, I didn't cause it, I can't cure it.

To be honest I haven't read this one just yet, but it had gotten amazing reviews on Amazon. The author of this book is the same author of "Everything changes".

This book is by far my favorite. It is the autobiography in the life of the lead singer from Red hot chili peppers. Weather you're a fan or not this book is inspiring.  He talks about the years of his life of being an addict.

This book is a daily meditation book. Each day it has an insightful and inspiring message.

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)