• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to apply for help-just in case someone needs it

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

what do you qulify for??? benefits.gov helps you find out and gives you the resorces to apply

cell phones---- safelinkwireless.com  your eligible for 60mins of time on your govt provided trac phone every month if your at or below the poverty level or if your on any form of PA. This can really help because with kids we NEED a phone. 60min isn't really much though, but its better then nothing. Plus you can buy a trac phone double min card, and anytime you purchase air time(for a year) that amount is automaticlly doubled. It doesnt double the govt added mins though.

utility bills- you can contact your current providers to see if they have a percentage of income plan or a payment plan to make your bill more affordable. The name of the program varys from state to state so I wont post links.in ohio our program is called PIPP

foodstamps- ssa.gov  gives  you a lot of information about who qulifys for food stamps, how much you might get, where to apply ect. the offical job and family services site for my state is jfs.ohio.gov maybe yours is something similar

S.S.I.-  again SSA.gov gives you information about who qualifys how to apply ect for SSI or disablity, and even how to apply online for a lot of things.

housing- HUD.GOV info on how to apply for govt housing, and state by state listings

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)