• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap FOOD Recipies

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 297 Total Views

post all your cheap recipies here!!!

I'll be updating this post as I type things up- for now heres just a few

FRUIT SNACKS RECIPE

1/3 c 100% Fruit Juice Concentrate (the stronger the flavor, the better, but do NOT use pineapple, as it is too acidic.)

2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin (it will be with the Jell-O and Pudding)

1) Poor the Juice into a medium saucepan, and sprinkle the gelatin over the top of it. Let it set )NO HEAT YET) for a few minutes to "bloom". When the gelatin has taken on the color of the juice, and it all looks a little thick, it is ready.

2) Heat the saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is completely disolved.

3) Poor directly into silicone molds (most dollar stores have silicone ice trays like mine)

4) Let the juice set, undisturbed, until set. They will pop out quite easily when set.

NOTE - I am sorry to say that I cannot give you an EXACT set time, because I wasn't really paying attention. I left them on the counter for about 10 minutes (to cool a bit), then set them in the fridge. I suppose it was about an hour before I checked them, though they probably set up before then. Also, even when they are set, the snacks may seem like they aren't going to come out easily, but you just have to get on little spot peeled away from the pan on each, and they pop right out.

Summer salad

tri-colored vegi noodles-1 bag

mini peporonis-1/2 bag

tomato- 1 diced

onion-1 diced

green pepper-1 diced

homemade itilan dressing-1/4 cup or less, just enough to coat it

motzerlla cheese- shreaded,about a handful

boil the noodles (about 10min) while dicing the vegis. During last few min of cooking add onion and peppers. Drain water when noodles are done.Cool noodles. Pour them into a bowl with the tomatos and peporoni. Coat with dressing, stir well. Sprinkle with the cheese and enjoy.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lilyrose842006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Creamy salsa chicken wraps

2 whole chicken breasts
1 16oz jar of your favorite salsa
1 16oz tub of sour cream
Warmed flour tortillas

Put chicken, salsa and sour cream in your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. Shred cooked chicken and serve wrapped in tortilla.

Variation- you can also serve over white rice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)