Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your holiday plans?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 68 Total Views

Do you have family coming for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Or are you going to see family instead? Any special family traditions to carry out? 

cornucopia nativity happy hanukkah happy kwanzaa happy holidays

Join us in Homemaker-Mom!

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wife-4-life
by Homemaker Admin on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I love this time of year. Both my girls will experience snow. My dd1 has but she was a baby when it happened, now she'll be able to recognize what it is and play in it!

No set plans yet. We will be staying in WA this year, for the first time since 2007. I will miss my family. I will be helping out with the church's community Thanksgiving meal. Maybe doing a Thanksgiving dinner here with some friends who can't get home. I decorate the house for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving (family tradition). I am hosting a cookie exchange Nov 30th for some of my girlfriends. I want to do Operation Christmas (the shoebox drive) with dd1 and explain to her what it is and have her help me pick out toys for a girl her age (wanting this to be a tradition). I want to join the church Christmas choir but it will be hard with practices on Sundays after church because DH will have meetings sometimes & the girls need lunch and naps, so we'll see. I want to do a special Christmas breakfast for my family and dinner, with maybe some friends who are here in WA and can't get home to see extended families. Not sure what else but I plan on baking and cooking lots. :) 

psych_mom
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This year Thanksgiving and Christmas will be at our house (first year here:)) so we will see how it goes. I wasn't going to do a tree this year, but the kids were getting sad so I am going to put one up for them, but my manger scene is going up on my console table by the door. We also found a picture that we want to get that has a picture of baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph to hang in the living room. I will probably do lots of baking between now and then and just try to enjoy everything that I can.

tramcd
by Homemaker on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Thanksgiving day we will travel to other family houses. The day after thanksgiving I will be hosting thanksgiving for my dads family. We usually put up holiday decorations the day after thanksgiving but this year it will be two days after. Christmas I have no clue about yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:51 AM
We are traveling to my dd's for Thanksgiving and will stay for a few days.For Christmas...this year we will be alone...we are thinking of maybe going to West Virginia and going shopping in the mountains, but still not have decided for sure. Will be doing a lot of the traditional things whist at the dd's house with the grand kids making cookies, cakes and candy....we will actually have Christmas in January when the dd will travel to our house, it is the year they spend Christmas with his side of the family
mamacalifornia
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM

No we aren't having family coming, we go to my parents who live 2 blocks from us and then later in the day we go to my MIL's who lives 20 miles away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN