Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something absurd...

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 76 Total Views
What is something someone did to you or in your home that was completely absurd all you could do is laugh about it (quietly with your husband) lol.

Whether it was house guests or family members or complete strangers.

I ask because something happened to me yesterday..... continued below.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wife-4-life
by Homemaker Admin on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Yesterday, we finally got the rest of our carpets replaced. Well, while I was out with the girls shopping (to keep them out of the way), my DH heard a clip....clip...clip noise so he went back to our bedroom and one of the carpet guys was in our bathroom and DH could have sworn the guy was clipping his nails (DH left the clippers out when he put everything else out of sight) and then the guy came out of our bathroom and said "oh you scared me" to my DH. WHY would DH have scared him unless he was doing something he shouldn't be do.... I mean it is OUR house after all!!
Sure enough, after they left, our nail clippers were moved and not in it's original place and there were dirty nail clippings in our sink (and we don't clip our nails into the sink). I had just cleaned the bathroom the day before and those nail clippings weren't there that morning! We were so baffled as to why someone thought that was ok!? We are still laughing about it today. I disinfected the bathrooms again after they all left cuz our bathrooms were used multiple times.
Absurd!? I think so!
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Oct. 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Wow yuck!
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Oct. 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Rcently someone threw trash all in our yard and espically all around our mitt and ryan sign,because they do not think I should have free speech even in my own yard,,now had it been obama sign they prob wouldn,t of done it. I am laughing now becauae it happen again and they accidently left a picture hopefully of themsleves in it the got taken to the police. Dummy vandals lol
QuiltLover
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Now you girls may think I am being totally absurd, but we have been building our house by ourselves for 4 years now,most of it in the first year. We have had very little company in this time frame, I swear people Think we will ask the, to help...we don't...but anyway, we have friends in KY that are just starting to build a new house and invited us to come visit..it is 21/2 hours one way from us.....so we plan and go...you can imagine our surprise when we got there...they were building our house.....ours is cedar sided and theirs is log...our house plans were for a log house, we just chose the cedar...there is nothing different about the layout...I stood speechless until I could find my voice and then told them how much I loved it....I really did because mine is exactly the same....and yes they have been to our home, several years ago....Am I wrong to feel so hurt and what were you thinking????????
QuiltLover
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Quoting wife-4-life:

Yesterday, we finally got the rest of our carpets replaced. Well, while I was out with the girls shopping (to keep them out of the way), my DH heard a clip....clip...clip noise so he went back to our bedroom and one of the carpet guys was in our bathroom and DH could have sworn the guy was clipping his nails (DH left the clippers out when he put everything else out of sight) and then the guy came out of our bathroom and said "oh you scared me" to my DH. WHY would DH have scared him unless he was doing something he shouldn't be do.... I mean it is OUR house after all!!
Sure enough, after they left, our nail clippers were moved and not in it's original place and there were dirty nail clippings in our sink (and we don't clip our nails into the sink). I had just cleaned the bathroom the day before and those nail clippings weren't there that morning! We were so baffled as to why someone thought that was ok!? We are still laughing about it today. I disinfected the bathrooms again after they all left cuz our bathrooms were used multiple times.
Absurd!? I think so!

You are so kind and gracious, I would have been furious and truly would have called his boss.....it makes you wonder what else he touched or used!!!!!!!!!!,
psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Oh wow. I could understand a similar layout, but not the exact floor plan. That's just... wow.

Quoting QuiltLover:

Now you girls may think I am being totally absurd, but we have been building our house by ourselves for 4 years now,most of it in the first year. We have had very little company in this time frame, I swear people Think we will ask the, to help...we don't...but anyway, we have friends in KY that are just starting to build a new house and invited us to come visit..it is 21/2 hours one way from us.....so we plan and go...you can imagine our surprise when we got there...they were building our house.....ours is cedar sided and theirs is log...our house plans were for a log house, we just chose the cedar...there is nothing different about the layout...I stood speechless until I could find my voice and then told them how much I loved it....I really did because mine is exactly the same....and yes they have been to our home, several years ago....Am I wrong to feel so hurt and what were you thinking????????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM
That's just gross.

Quoting wife-4-life:

Absurd!? I think so!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:01 PM
The jokes on them now. Especially since not only did they vandalize property they also littered

Quoting suziejax:

Rcently someone threw trash all in our yard and espically all around our mitt and ryan sign,because they do not think I should have free speech even in my own yard,,now had it been obama sign they prob wouldn,t of done it. I am laughing now becauae it happen again and they accidently left a picture hopefully of themsleves in it the got taken to the police. Dummy vandals lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by Homemaker Admin on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM
For real!!! I seriously recleaned & disinfected both of our bathrooms & rewashed all our bathroom towels. We were so grossed out!

Quoting QuiltLover:

Quoting wife-4-life:

Absurd!? I think so!

You are so kind and gracious, I would have been furious and truly would have called his boss.....it makes you wonder what else he touched or used!!!!!!!!!!,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)