Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 118 Total Views

What do you do that is frugal to renew yourself when you need to destress , get renewed and revived?

gardening

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacalifornia
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to the library get a good book, take a hot bath!

psych_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I give myself a manicure. I have a large collection of polishes so I don't spend $20-$30 a week getting my nails done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by Homemaker Admin on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Nothing. I tend to let my stress build up till I blow or melt down. I guess I did get y hair down in Oct. that was nice. DH made me. He said I needed a break & he didn't like the color cuz it was a couple diff colors including my roots lol.
I wish I got out more. Even going grocery shopping is stressful...even if I'm by myself. Cuz then I have someone callin me asking why grocery shopping takes longer than 20 mins for only a few items. Arrg!!! He apologized for that later so that's good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Girl, you and him are going to have to have a heart to heart- an I need you honey heart to heart. He may not realize how much you have on you, but I have been where you are and my ex was ungiving and we ended up in D court, and I know you don't want to go there (I didn't either but there is a lot more to the story as well). Ask him where is more willing to give of himself in your relationship and see what he says. He may think that he is doing things that he isn't, but don't tell him he's not. Let him know that you feel overwhelmed with everything and you are depressed. That you need at least a few hours a week to yourself, it doesn't have to be all at once, but you do need some down time and that you need his support. If God is going to use your husband in a church and if he is going to be prosperus in that church, that has to start at home. I am really worried about your stress and depression. Too much stress is not good for you and being depressed is going to lead to worse depression after the little one gets here.

Quoting wife-4-life:

Nothing. I tend to let my stress build up till I blow or melt down. I guess I did get y hair down in Oct. that was nice. DH made me. He said I needed a break & he didn't like the color cuz it was a couple diff colors including my roots lol.
I wish I got out more. Even going grocery shopping is stressful...even if I'm by myself. Cuz then I have someone callin me asking why grocery shopping takes longer than 20 mins for only a few items. Arrg!!! He apologized for that later so that's good.

wife-4-life
by Homemaker Admin on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Yeah. We recently sat down and talked about it. It's gettin there. He is trying. I think it's my own fault cuz I've been so prideful in the fact that I try to do everything myself and when he asks if I need help I say no cuz at the particular moment I don't need help. But I'm getting more and more proactive in lettig go of my pride and asking him for help and he is always willing so far.
I just never even ask to go do something for me. I guess I put my family before me every time. :/

Quoting psych_mom:

Girl, you and him are going to have to have a heart to heart- an I need you honey heart to heart. He may not realize how much you have on you, but I have been where you are and my ex was ungiving and we ended up in D court, and I know you don't want to go there (I didn't either but there is a lot more to the story as well). Ask him where is more willing to give of himself in your relationship and see what he says. He may think that he is doing things that he isn't, but don't tell him he's not. Let him know that you feel overwhelmed with everything and you are depressed. That you need at least a few hours a week to yourself, it doesn't have to be all at once, but you do need some down time and that you need his support. If God is going to use your husband in a church and if he is going to be prosperus in that church, that has to start at home. I am really worried about your stress and depression. Too much stress is not good for you and being depressed is going to lead to worse depression after the little one gets here.

Quoting wife-4-life:

psych_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to take care of yourself as well- even if it is to just take 30 mins out to read or soak in a warm bath, anything that will help relax you. And I am so glad that you see where you have messed up by letting your pride get in the way- I know how hard it can be to say that. I have been prideful in other ways and it was hard to admit it but when I did, I felt so much better and God was able to do more work in me. Just remember though, you have to get your stress out. It doesn't mean you love your family any less, it just means you are doing something for you to help yourself be a better wife and mother.

Quoting wife-4-life:

Yeah. We recently sat down and talked about it. It's gettin there. He is trying. I think it's my own fault cuz I've been so prideful in the fact that I try to do everything myself and when he asks if I need help I say no cuz at the particular moment I don't need help. But I'm getting more and more proactive in lettig go of my pride and asking him for help and he is always willing so far.
I just never even ask to go do something for me. I guess I put my family before me every time. :/

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

wife-4-life
by Homemaker Admin on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
DH is gone tonight til after midnight so I m putting my cranky, sick daughters to bed early and taking a night to myself. :)

Quoting psych_mom:

You have to take care of yourself as well- even if it is to just take 30 mins out to read or soak in a warm bath, anything that will help relax you. And I am so glad that you see where you have messed up by letting your pride get in the way- I know how hard it can be to say that. I have been prideful in other ways and it was hard to admit it but when I did, I felt so much better and God was able to do more work in me. Just remember though, you have to get your stress out. It doesn't mean you love your family any less, it just means you are doing something for you to help yourself be a better wife and mother.

Quoting wife-4-life:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

You gotta let go and ask for help hun. Make time for you! But it sounds like the realizations have already been made and thats half the battle won. Your on right track just make sure you take time for you.

Quoting wife-4-life:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

good Good for you girly! Have fun and I hope the little ones stay in bed for you so you can have alone time to get recharged! 

Quoting wife-4-life:

DH is gone tonight til after midnight so I m putting my cranky, sick daughters to bed early and taking a night to myself. :)

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

psych_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

YAY! So glad to here this. You deserve it :)

Quoting wife-4-life:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting wife-4-life:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)