Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

January 2013 Homemaker-Mom of the Month!!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 417 Total Views
2 moms liked this

It is our lovely incheck4real!! CONGRATS!!!

Favorites:

•Color: Purple

•Scent: My favorite perfume is Taylor Swift Wonderstruck. I am not a Taylor Swift fan I just love the way the perfume smells. My son chose this as his Christmas Present to me because he knows that I love it so much. My favorite scent for the house is coconut !!! It is so YUMMY !!!! My favorite outdoor smell is wild honeysuckle.

•Food: Potatoes

•Scripture:  I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

•Song: Beautiful Star of Bethlehem and Beulah Land

•Book: The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

What makes being a Homemaker special for you?

That I doing my calling and that is a great feeling. I know no matter how tired I might get or how boring my daily chores might ever get I am doing what God has called me to do. Those feelings hardly ever come and when they do they are so fleeting because I just love being a homemaker.

What is your favorite thing to do as a Homemaker?

I love being my own boss and making my own schedule and goals. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT !!!!!! I love the fact that I am the one decides what I am going to do today and that I am here taking care of my husbands needs while making things the way I like them. If I want to rearrange something I do it I don't have to ask first. It makes me happy to have the authority over the way my house looks and runs.

What makes being a Mom special for you?

I love that I can teach my children all about the Lord. Whatever I pour into them is going to come back out ! I love that I can teach them manners and respect. I love that my children are my best friends and that we all can laugh and laugh together.

What is your favorite thing to do as a Mom?

Pray with my children and telling them about the Bible and God.

Do you have any advice or words of wisdom for other Homemaker-Moms?

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE DO NOT FORSAKE YOUR ALONE TIME WITH GOD EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO SACRIFICE YOUR SLEEP !!!! This is something I still struggle with. Also if you are struggling in an area of your homemaking or mothering pray first but then seek your husbands help. My husband  has a fresh perspective and new ideas to help me solve my problems. 

Thank you so much for all your support for the group. We are grateful for you!! Thank you for all you do for your family. You are a great example of being a Homemaker-Mom!!

Ladies, feel free to ask more questions to our Homemaker-Mom of the Month so we can better get to know her. :)

Join us in Homemaker-Mom!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacalifornia
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! I love how in your advice/wisdom you tells us your struggle, I am so glad to know I am not the only one who does! 

incheck4real
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this

This is me on our vacation this year. We were all trying on different hats and goofing off.

I also forgot to put my name in the post it's Mandy!

My hobbies are reading, singing, and playing cards and board games with my family.

Feel free to ask me questions I will do my best to answer.

incheck4real
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww thanks for the compliment! You are WITH OUT A DOUBT NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT STRUGGLES !!! I struggle daily with MANY DIFFERENT THINGS! His strength is made perfect in weakness 2 Cor. 12:9. If you ever want to talk/chat about areas you are struggling in just message me!

Quoting mamacalifornia:

Congratulations! I love how in your advice/wisdom you tells us your struggle, I am so glad to know I am not the only one who does! 

Moma3boyz
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! I love your answer to what make being a mom special. It was a very uplifting response. I also love your advice about prayer then seeking your husbands help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I too love your advice about praying first the. Seeking our DHs advice. I forget the order sometimes. :(
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I also LOVE the Laura Ingalls books!!!!
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrads to you girl. I have known you for a while but was glad to get to know you more in this! 

I loved your advice on do not forsake your alone time with GOD. LOVE IT ! RIGHT ON GIRLY!

you rockway to go

incheck4real
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

In my mind I am Laura Ingalls !!!! Ha Ha !

Quoting wife-4-life:

I also LOVE the Laura Ingalls books!!!!

MomTiara19
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Keeping the Lord first is so important:)good

sweets719
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I found your advice very solid! Way to Go! It was a pleasure to get to know you better :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)