Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is being preached at church?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 263 Total Views
I was just curious as to what your pastor's are preaching on in church. Do you enjoy it?

My Pastor has started Ecclesiastes. It's great so far. I've never heard Ecclesiastes taught in church before. So I'm really enjoying it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
My hubby and I are in the process of switching churches. We have been at the same place for years (him 30+yrs me 15 yrs). There are so many things going on from our preacher and his wife that are morally wrong we feel we can't go anymore. I don't want to name any names, but I know God knows, so if I could ask for your prayers for this church they could use it desperately. They have lost over half their members so far.
mamacalifornia
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM

We actually do not attend any church, because my husband was raised Catholic and I was raised in a Berean Church. He does not follow the Catholic church but it has put him in a place where church is not for him. We discuss God and do read the Bible here at home. Our children go to VBS at the church right next door to our home every year.

sweets719
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My preacher has been preaching from Matthew, he preaches verse by verse so we have been in Matthew for over 4 years already. Yesterday we started chapter 18. It's great. 

NannyB.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Our pastor is preaching through the book of Ephesians on Sunday mornings.  On Sunday evenings, he is teaching on church discipline.

wife-4-life
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I'll be praying. I know it's hard to change churches because of something that is wrong- I've been there I hope you can find one that will grow you and that you can find good fellowship in.

Quoting Moma3boyz:

My hubby and I are in the process of switching churches. We have been at the same place for years (him 30+yrs me 15 yrs). There are so many things going on from our preacher and his wife that are morally wrong we feel we can't go anymore. I don't want to name any names, but I know God knows, so if I could ask for your prayers for this church they could use it desperately. They have lost over half their members so far.
ILoveHimalayans
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM

We are in 2 Peter, and it has been really good.   We have gone through both 1 and 2 Peter, a few verses at a time.  

SimplyEnchanted
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Our pastor preaches whatever the Lord lays on his heart so we never know what we'll hear :D I'm sure he has some idea but we don't have an itinerary

triplet_2004
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We're going through the book of James for our sermon and the book of Amos for sunday school. No matter what there's always something to learn, so it's always good =)

wife-4-life
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM
My DH is the youth Pastor at our church and is starting James with the youth. We love that book!

Quoting triplet_2004:

We're going through the book of James for our sermon and the book of Amos for sunday school. No matter what there's always something to learn, so it's always good =)

suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM

yes I like it . I am part of two churches actually one here in my city and one in OK lifechurch.tv online 

I love what both are preaching. My pastor here is preaching on the old testiment 

and my online pastor is preaching a series called My Story. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)