Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandma's Aprons

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
2 moms liked this
I know there are some apron lovers here so I thought you would appreciate this. My great grandma (102) died just a couple of days before Christmas and while it was sad she had also suffered a while so it was a blessing as well. Anyway my mom is helping clean her home and passing out mementos of her to the family. She found my grandma's old handmade aprons. They decided that I could have them. Some of the others passed them up because they were old. I am excited because they are old and some of them my grandma handmade. Some of these are from the 20's and 30's. I know there aren't many people who would be as excited as I am, but I know there are ladies here who understands.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamacalifornia
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM

That is so exciting!

wife-4-life
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Awesome. I love it! Are they the kind with the sewn on hand towel? My Gma has some of those that her mom made. So cool. People just don't know what a TRUE treasure is. Lol
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM

clapping Now that is fantastic! I am so happy for you. I LOVE vintage aprons! I collect aprons and have a few from the 50's.

I now have apron envy of you !!!! Hehe and seriously what a blessing and they are going to family that will appericate & cherish them! Thats awesome. Hey come post a pictures!!!!

sweets719
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I think that is awesome!! Post pics if you can

Moma3boyz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I'll try to post them soon. Right now they are still at my moms house. I can't wait to pick them up.
QuiltLover
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Oh how lucky you are!!!!!!......I go along with Suzi with having apron envy...I have quite a few, used to have them hanging all around my kitchen at the old house.....I bought a bag of ..what I thought was old vintage material at a yard sale a few years ago, when I finally got around to opening it, I found the whole bag was full of vintage childrens aprons...or a very tiny woman...anyway. My 4 granddaughters love using them whist they are at my house.So happy for you, and if you would like to share, I can send you my address............lol....smile.
AshleyLynnW
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM
That's really neat!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)