Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you blog or follow a blog?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

Susie's guest spot on her friend's blog had me thinking some things tonight. So I thought it would make a fun discussion.

Do you follow any blogs? If so which ones? What is it about their blogs that attracted you?

What is it about a blog that grabs your attention? What do you look for when committing to follow a person's blog?

Do you write a blog? Share your site with us so we can check you out. 

For those of us that don't write, if you were to take the time or find the courage or grow the interest, what type of blog would you write for? 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tramcd
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I do follow blogs! Most of the blogs I follow are crafty ones or ones with preschool ideas since I have young kids. I do have my own blog. I write about my shop, anything fun we do, and write reviews on books. I will have to come back and link it later.
sweets719
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I casually follow blogs. I love the idea and the work put into a really great blog but I just can't find the time to be a faithful follower of any. 

The blogs that catch my eye most are either food related blogs or christian mom/wife blogs. 

** I tried posting this reply with the link to the blogs that I mentioned but wasn't allowed. If you are interested in either of the blogs mentioned but can't find them by name, message me and I will send you link :)

I have a friend from church that writes one. She is in the process of adopting her 2nd over seas child. She is involved in missions especially in Haiti. She's a beautiful christian woman and it's a delight to see her be so transparent  about her struggles while still remaining faithful. She often posts links to her blog on facebook and I occasionally read those. Her blog is titled, Sewing A New Patch In Our Family Quilt 

There is another blog that I ran across that I enjoyed. I saved it with the intent of going back for more but, well.... I haven't in a very long time. :) This one pulled at me for it's love for basic Christianity and the need to toss aside the world's idea of normal and cling to God's ideals. Her blog is called Deep Roots At Home, Enrinching the soil of your life 

I found another great blog by a beautiful christian woman. :) I found her site completely by accident. She titled her blog, Rapunzel's Resource. She is a crafty sort of person but what made her blog stand out to me was that she gave hair styling tutorials. And not just any style but OLD FASHIONED styles. Along with the normal hair styling to dos she also learned and taught how to do many different buns, braids and up dos that were popular in the 1940s and even back to the 1860s :) What fun! When I found this site, it was the first time I jumped at the chance to follow a stranger, lol, but she stopped writing :( Oh, well, there is still tones to dig through!!

I have tossed around the idea of starting a blog but after prayer, have found that I just don't have the time for such a commitment. But if I was to write, I would like to either do one for the beginner cake decorator and do cake tutorials with tips and tons of pics. OR A crafty type, I love pinterest but I have found that when I search through pinterest I hardly ever choose 1 recipe or tutorial but after reading through several end up with a collection of ideas that I remix to make the way I want. I had liked the idea of blogging my trial and errors as I tried out new crafts and recipes. BUT... there isn't enough time :)

Happy Blogging!! And Happy Following!!

typing

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I don't follow any blogs

wife-4-life
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I follow Susie and my friend's SILs.
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I blog and currently changing my theme ( still a homemaker them) but showing folks how to be frugal and put money back in their wallet. Besides mom talk I of course will continue having porduct reviews. I will be working on a video series soon. It will cover coupons, frugal crafting,featuring porgrams to earn you money etc . I will still guest host writers and have diff homemaking topics!

I follow to many to list here but one of my favs is wher eI guest posted at yesterday http://beneaththesurface-dawn.blogspot.com/2013/07/are-you-perfect-homemaker-guest-post-by.html 

I also do have a blogs & such link at my web site in the above bar that shows some other blogs I follow. But there I dont have them all. I follow about 70 some total. Yes when your a blogger and getting to in brand ambasator etc you need to make connections etc. So I follow a lot not only because of their great content but in this industry you make friends and help each other build up your sites veiwer ship.

Visit me below at the link! Also when you print coupons it helps support my family! I appericate it so much!! 

suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you my friend for your support! I appericate YOU!

Quoting wife-4-life:

I follow Susie and my friend's SILs.

Mickimarie
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I tried to do a daily craft blog but someone got on and changed all my settings so i can't even ask for  a password reset. not a happy camper

sweets719
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Sorry :( That really stinks

Quoting Mickimarie:

I tried to do a daily craft blog but someone got on and changed all my settings so i can't even ask for  a password reset. not a happy camper

ILoveHimalayans
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I don't officially follow any blogs, but I love to visit different blogs and read them.  I love craft blogs, Christian blogs, health blogs, and diy blogs.  

I have a blog, but I don't use it as one, I use it as a website for my cats.   You can check it out at http://harvesthillhimalayans.wordpress.com/  You can peek at my cute babies too.  

RoseSiO2
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I follow blogs and finally got around to starting my own.  I had been very active for a few years, mainly blogging about home decor and frugal decorating at Little Blue Chairs.  I had taken a break from this blog, but have recently started back up.

I also have a small niche blog called Fitzgerald Musings.  It is a blog of the works of F Scott Fitzgerald.  I am working through his 160 short stories and trying to figure out what it is that attarcts me to his writing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)