Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Years Health/Fitness Goals?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

Poll

Question: New Year's Resolutions?

Options:

exciting

overwhelming

hopeful

no thanks

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Hey everyone. New Year means new resolutions, but sometimes that is so overwhelming to me. i didnt make any last year, because i just didnt want to be disappointed again. What do you all think?

I say set some smaller goals that will help you reach a bigger goal. I did that mid year and have seen results already.

What kind of health and fitness goals do you all have, short and/or long term? I really need more accountability in these areas and I'd love to be that for anyone on here too.

Happy New Year to you all :)

Smiles,

Elita :)

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Your awesome! Thank you for this poll! Also thanks for seeking accountablity.. I do not remember if you saw or not but we used to not to long ago have a great fitness accountablity going on but prior to my move we slipped in reporting!! Then holidays hit and ya know...

SO lets get started girl! I am here for you ,,, be here for me ... lets do this!

Mine are I want to loose 10 pds and due to doctors orders( due to some minor health issues that if  I dont will turn to major ones).. I have to exserice but I have slipped. I want to drink more water , ( I have at least stayed faithful longer this time to taking my vitamins at least and want to continue) I want to cut more processed foods.

AshleyLynnW
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Usually my husband isn't real big on anything health related, but since we are hitting our late 20's we are feeling it! He's tired of being tired all the time and so am I.

We have decided to overhaul our eating. Everything we make, we are trying to find healthier ways to prepare or healthier ingredients. No more canned tomatoes, frozen and fresh fruits and veggies. Less red meat, we are trying to find a local farmer to hopefully switch to grass fed beef. Hopefully dh can hunt this year. Switching to organic milk. Less frying, less eating out.

I know once we get started it'll get easier. I'm so proud of dh, he was even looking up recipes last night to help with the meal plan :)
mamacalifornia
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I am not starting until this coming Monday no time to before then! I need to start running again & I am trying to cut out the daily soda and lose a few pounds! Plus my husband needs to lose more then a few pounds so we will support each other in that! We eat fairly well but I know there is more we can do so we are going to make some adjustments there too!

wife-4-life
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I don't really make resolutions. I've never kept to them. :/ But I plan on getting my medical conditions under control. This includes takig meds properly, I'm not a big pill taker and always forget. And unfortunately, I have lost too much weight having to cut out all the dairy & soy from my diet. I'm looking forward to getting back to a more healthy weight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)