Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Creation Museum...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

Oh my goodness!  We had such a wonderful time at the Creation Museum!  My family has been waiting for two years to go and we finally did on May 3!  It was so much fun. 

When you first walk in you can't help but be in awe.  The time and effort that these people have went through to put such a place together is awe inspiring!  The way that they have it set up is great!  It walks you through Genesis.  You get to walk through the garden of Eden, 'see' the serpant tempt Eve, you get to see where the fall of man has lead through curruption valley (which brought tears to my eyes), you get to see the story of Jesus birth, death, and the Resurection as well as Old Testiment storys laid out with sculptures and artifacts.  It was also really cool to see the dinosaurs right in the Creation story!  It was really cool!

There is also a room where they show Creation and Evolution side by side, full of facts and they also have a 'Lucy' display which is very informative!  You also get to walk through a little 'cave' to see some glow in the dark creepy crawlys (thankfully fake) along with some information on them.  They have a 'dig' site where you can see what a 'dig' site looks like and we also got to touch a real fossil (a huge dino bone!). 

The garden and the petting zoo were a lot of fun too!  The walk around the garden was beautiful.  We seen many different birds, most new to us, and some really beautiful flowers.  We got to walk across some 'questionable' (and by that I mean they were swinging and floating bridges) which was not so easy for me to do!  At the petting zoo there was a peacock that jumped out of its cage!  That was pretty exciting.  We got to see some wierd chickens, some goats, a zonkey and a zorse!  We also hung out over by the chickens for a bit because we could get hit by the sprinkler!  Did I mention that it was pretty hot out!  LOL!!!!!!!

We went to a Buddy Davis concert that was going on in the museum and we got to meet him after the show (everyone did) and he signed postcards and books and what not, so that was pretty cool! 

Oh my I have been writing and writing!  I know I have left some stuff out but there is just SO much I could say about it.  It is a great place for teachable moments.  My children learned ALOT from this trip and every single bit of it was GOOD!  I have to admit that one really nice perk for me was being surrounded by other women that cover with a christian vail as I do.  Where I live there is no one I have seen that covers and so it really makes me 'stick out', which mostly I don't really mind because it allows me quite a few opportunities to share God's love with others but sometimes it can feel lonely.  I got to meet some great women that dressed like me and covered like me and it was really great!  I can not wait to move down that way! 

Now for the pictures!  LOL!!!!!!!  Please remember...I am not a professional photographer!  I hope you enjoy them...

Me and the kiddos in front of the dino that greats you when you first walk up...DH cut the poor dino's head off!

DH with kiddos, same dino, and yes...unfortunately...decapated!

DH and DS1 in front of one, of many different wall placs that talk about different dragon myths around the world (when we went the dragon display was still under commision and was due to open on May 26th)!

A turtle!

Humans and dino's side by side, see how life like?!  MY DD actually thought that 'woman' was a worker who got paid to sit by the robot dino!  LOL!  It was adorable.

kiddos on the floating bridge

t-rex was out in the garden!

wierd chicken 1

Wierd chicken 2

the zonkey

the zorse

DH, DD, and DS1 on the rope bridge (I crossed once and only once, major fear of mine heights and bridges!) LOL!!!!!  DD loved it though and made daddy take her back and forth like six times before he told her he was going to die of heat stroke if we didn't go inside!  LOL!!!!!!

DH and Kiddos in front of a triceratops!  I did a bit better fitting the dino in with my peeps!  This time I only cut off the nose and the tail!  LOL!

OKAY...the next group of pictures are all from the Dr. Crawley's insectitorium in the museum there are a bunch of different creepy crawlys and flying insects that they had on display!  I took some pictures of the ones my kids liked the best!  They also had a robot Ken Hamm!  With a touch screen interactive the 'Ken' would tell you all about different insects and their place in God's design!  So here it goes...

As I did state before not the best picture taker in the world but at least I managed to get some!  I have more but they really did not turn out!  LOL!!!! I told DH that we were just going to have to go back there so I could try again!  LOL!!!!!!!!!

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Featured Replies
suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Wow it looks like you all had a fabulous time! :-) Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I hope we can go someday!

suziejax
by Homemaker-Mom Owner on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Wow it looks like you all had a fabulous time! :-) Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I hope we can go someday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)