• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 150 Total Views

Ok, I am 15 and 13 weeks along... baby's dad has now said he is done, wants nothing to do with me or the baby. I've been trying to figure out what is best for us. Stay here living with my mom and her bf or go nearly 1000 miles to live with my dad and step mom. My moms I'm just here, by myself most of the time. My mom is usually out partying. My dad and my step mom have both called me and told me they would love to have us, they'll help with anything I want help with, including the baby. And I could actually live with my 13 y/o step sister! I just don't know what to do... I think I'm leaning more toward living with my dad, what do you ladies think?  I mean she's not a bad mom, she's not partying ALL the time, but she does a lot. Idk. I worry that maybe I want to move to my dad's b cuz of what I recently found out, that everything my mom has told me about my dad and step mom since I was 7 were lies. She said horrible things about my dad, and they were all lies. I'm only 15, and I'm only 13 weeks along, but I couldn't imagine ever doing that to my baby. Baby will NEVER hear anything bad about daddy, not from me, I don't want baby to ever feel the way I've felt. Idk, I just kinda want to know what you ladies think, I'm scared, and all my friends have turned their backs on me. I feel like I'm all alone in this right now...

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Monet8828
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm 16 and 26 weeks along.. I'm going through things much similar. And I can only give you the advice I've been given that has helped me out tremendously. all you can do is what you think is best and healthiest for you and the baby. I would try and visit with your father before moving in because the last thing you want is to jump from place to place, especially with a baby on the way. At this point, as a young single mother, you need as much support and resources as you can get. And from what it looks like, you're not getting much from living with your mom. Like what I said you should visit your dad and look online for any support groups and such that is near where he lives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)