Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM
  • 60 Replies
  • 1040 Total Views

Thanks so much for joining! Please take a moment to introduce yourself bellow.  :)

Hi!  I'm Stephanie and I am a SAHM of 2.  I currently do in-home fitness programs.  Right now I am doing INSANITY (I know crazy, right?).  I became a Beachbody Coach in February 2012. After 2 years of working out in a gym and not really having enough time to use it I found that in-home fitness worked better for my busy SAHM schedule. A friend of mine was doing P90X and I thought I would look into home programs.  I decided going to the extreme would be challenging, but I wanted to dive in!  I saw those CRAZY infomercials for INSANITY and decided I wanted to do it!  I am now 1 1/2 rounds in, 15 lbs lighter and feeling like I am in the best shape of my life!  I fell in love with INSANITY so much that I decided I wanted to join the Beachbody team by becoming a coach.  I love motivating others to get fit and feel great so I thought what better way than to start up a Cafemom group!  I hope you all will use this group to help each other get through the hard times of getting fit and praise each other when someone has made a great accomplishment!  I am so excited to get this group going.  Please feel free to talk about anything pertaining to your fitness plan and/ or goals! :)

by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xo.MommyW.xo
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Hi!  My name is Winnie and I am a busy mom of 3.  I WOH full time at a drs office and I also go to school full time.  I am currently trying to lose 30 lbs and tone when I am down.  I am 17 days into my journey and have 4 lbs lost (even though it is still flucuating).  I am learning a lot about nutrition and quickly becoming obsessed with nutrition and learning about it.  On just cardio days I do Zumba Rush on my Kinect and on M,W,F I go to the gym (after the kids go to bed) and do cardio and resistance.  When all is said and done I am there for almost two hours.  I am hoping to start seeing some results soon!  I am busting my booty!

StephanieR326
by Owner/ BB Coach on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hard work pays off!!  You are seeing results!  4 lbs isn't too shabby!! Way to go!

jenluv37
by Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm 33 and a SAHM of 2. My daughter will be 4 on April 6th and my son will be 8 months on March 26th. I was a resource and special education teacher until my position was cut for this school year. It was really hard finding a job last spring, being pregnant and all, so I just decided to stay home.

DH is really into fitness and nutrition and I'm along for the ride. We try to eat mostly a whole foods diet focusing on eating mostly meat, veggies, and fruit. I do eat some dairy too but hardly any bread, rice, pasta, etc.

For fitness, DH and I go to a crossfit gym. I've been doing it since November and am seeing some real improvements. I'm starting to see a little tone too, which is really exciting! Right now I'm going Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.

Nice to meet everyone!

xxBiteMExx
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey I'm Myra. 22 & A SAHW. I've been TTC baby #1 for 5 yrs now and I've gained about 70 lbs a long the way (I have Pcos) and I'm pre-diabetic. I decided to lose weight Jan 1,2012. I started out at 259 lbs. I went down to like 254 then got back off track. In February I was sick for the first 2-3 weeks so I didn't do much. I pretty much got back on track on March 1st and I got down to 247 lbs. This past week I went on vacation and I did good for the first of couple of days and then I did bad. I've gained 2 lbs so I'm back up to 249.8. But I'm back home and back on track again. =D I hope to meet new people and make new friends. If you have Myfitnesspal you can add me. My Sn is HopefulMyra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieR326
by Owner/ BB Coach on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Welcome ladies!  We are all on this journey together and we can and will do this! By posting your workouts and everything you are going through on this journey will help us all get it done!  Thanks so much for joining!

michiganmom116
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi!  I'm Rhonda, mom to 5 and grandma to 1 beautiful granddaughter.  I'm also a 46 year old diabetic (type 2).  A year ago I rebelled against conventional medication and nutritional recommendations for diabetics because I was seeing nothing but more and more out of control blood sugars.  I also felt LOUSY all the time!  That's no way to live.  Someone on CM recommended the Paleo/primal diet, and I checked it out...for a few weeks!  I didn't want to jump on another fad diet.  Then I started to follow it.  One year later, I have better control over my blood sugars with 1/3 of the medication, I have lost 16 pounds, and my blood profile is excellent (except for the A1C).  Now that I've lost some poundage, I need to tone better and I'd like to lose at least another 10 pounds (back to pre-marriage weight.)  I KNOW I can do this!  I ordered the INSANITY workout dvd's and I'm waiting for them to arrive, but in the meantime I'm still working with weights and doing ab/core exercises, sometimes some cardio.

sweet_spirit
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Katie. I'm a stay at home single mom of a 9 year old daughter Rylee. I am currently doing couch potato to a 5 k training  Tuesday, Thrusday, Saturday and  the strength training of shape boxing Monday, Wednesday, Friday. my highest weight was 250 pounds. I am now down to 196 pounds., my goal is to weigh 130-139 pounds. my biggest supporter is my bestfriend Micah who I met through my fitness pal. He is  truly amazing.

StephanieR326
by Owner/ BB Coach on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Welcome Rhonda and Katie!

tyheamma
by Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm Danielle, SAHM to two beautiful daughters, Lorelei (4) and Lily (22 months). Lily is my medical miracle baby and her care is intensive. I can't leave the house during the day because we have to have two adults to travel with Lily, so DH and I have decided that night time is my time for the gym. Since I signed up for the gym last week, I've been every day but Sunday and hope to keep up that trend. I also want to demonstrate healthy habits to my girls, especially Lily who, among many other struggles, has cerebral palsy and needs daily workouts for her muscles too.

So many miracles for such a little girl! Follow Lily's story on her blog at princesslilysmiracle.blogspot.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/princesslilysmiracle.

StephanieR326
by Owner/ BB Coach on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hi Danielle!

What a wonderful way to be the best mom you can be!  Your girls are going to really appreciate it as they get older!  Not only because you are teaching them good habits, but you will be around that much longer because of your new healthy lifestyle!  Way to go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)