Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Running blues...in so much pain

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 92 Total Views
Soo I started jogging last Wednesday, skipped Thursday and went Friday and Saturday but I really pushed myself I ran pretty intense and I felt Sooo great ...now today my knees are killing me it hurts to even walk up the stairs. So I'm not running today and just the thought of not being able to run tommorow makes me sad lol never thought I wuld feel like that hopefully I'm not on the "bench" too long cuz I really wanna get out and run but my knees are killing me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
militarygirl83
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Elevate, light stretch and ice! be kind to your knees!   

I have knee issues and I understand the pain.  Sometimes a warm epsome salt bath helps! 

StephanieR326
by Owner/ BB Coach on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Bummer!  I hope you are feeling a little better tomorrow!!  Did you run farther than usual or just faster?  Stretching will help.

mama2gg
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Yes this is why I don't run its soooo high impact on your knees
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vmarie0789
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM

well i downloaded this coach to 5k app yesterday and started today it was pretty awsome it has u alternate a minute walking then a minute jogging for 30 min and works u up to jogging 5k, i think by week 9 they have u jogging a full 45 min with no walking lol im excited to get to that point.. but i feel great looking foward to wedesday...gonna go yoga today and the jillian micheals probly tommorow. im gettng married in 2 months soo im hoping i can lose 10 lbs by then :-?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)