• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you do anything about saggy skin?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

I use to workout at least 4 times a week and then I got pregnant and got a hernia and couldnt workout as much. I was very toned and looked pretty good! I had my daughter 15 months ago and have been to the gym maybe 10 times since then. I just dont have the motivation, time or energy that I use to. But I have noticed my skin has changed in the last couple of months. I need some serious toning back up in my inner and outer thighs. But the skin there is now very loose and saggy like. When I lay my leg a certain way, the skin gets all wrinkled up (looks like the skin of an old person). And I did get stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs. Is there anything I can do to help my skin? Is it the elesticity? Is it from not working out anymore? I cant even bare the thoughts of getting in a bathing suit with my legs like this. But I just wonder if exercise will even help??????

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
brandydesiree
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Absolutely. You have the loose skin from the quick weight gain that comes from pregnancy. The slower you lose weight the less likely you are to get sagging skin. However, once you have sagging skin the only way to get it to go away without plastic surgery is to workout. You don't need to go to the gym to do it. You can use your own body weight. Do squats, lunges, planks, yoga....these things will tone your lower body nicely and the planks and yoga will also help you core muscles. There are also a few creams out there that claim that it tightens skin and reduces the appearance in stretch marks and celulite, but I don't think they work all that well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)