Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

5 Tasty Easter Treats You Can Make at Home

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

5 Tasty Easter Treats You Can Make at Home

Posted by April Peveteaux
on Mar 30, 2012

Every grocery store, drug store, 7-Eleven, and speciality gourmet outfit is assaulting us with pastel candies these days. That's because it's Easter! A holiday that is celebrated with incredible amounts of candy and candy-like substances. (Seriously you guys, Peeps are just marshmallows covered in colored sugar.) It makes one wonder how many of us are just wandering around on a total sugar high at any given moment.

If you can resist the temptation to fill your cart with egg-shaped candies, why not ditch the packaged stuff and make your own? At least that way you'll actually know what's in this stuff.

Here are 5 fantastic Easter treats you can make your own self.

Marshmallow Chicks

Make your own at home and know exactly what you're getting. You can call them "Tweeps" if it will make you feel in the spirit.

Meringue Bunnies

Cute tiny treats with only a few ingredients! Everyone will love these.

easter treatsCrescent Hot Cross Buns

Make delicious hot cross buns in the easiest way possible. Pillsbury crescent rolls, re-imagined for Easter! See how many you can fit in your mouth as a party game.

Italian Easter Cookies

Traditional Easter cookies from Italia should be on your menu, whether you speak the language or not. Because we all speak the language of yum.

easter treatsEaster Chick Cupcakes

Bust out the tinted coconut, people! You can make these adorable cupcakes and then eat them in even less time it took to dye the coconut.

What do you make for Easter?

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
othermom
by Danelle on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM

such cute ideas

eustacejessica
by Jess on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I love hot cross buns! I'm calling my grandma right now to see if she made any!! Thanks for reminding me! This is the first time outside of my family I've ever seen Hot Cross buns mentioned!

MissyB1011
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I'll file the Marshmallow chicks for next year. DD isn't allowed them this year. :(

proudmommy690
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM
yumm!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

TFS LOVE the chick cupcakes.

LovesFredric
by Amanda on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM

mm hot cross buns!!

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

aww why not

Quoting MissyB1011:

Thanks for the ideas. I'll file the Marshmallow chicks for next year. DD isn't allowed them this year. :(

i
know my grammar is poor and so is my spelling and sometimes my wording
is odd please understand i have severe dyslexia i do run spell check but
it dose not always fine all my mess up when i misuse a word pointing
out my  mess ups is fine with me and i will be more then happy to fix
them however rude comments will not get them fix thank you for
understand:)

MissyB1011
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM

She got an expander almost 2 weeks ago. Nothing hard, sticky, or gooey for the next 4 months.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

aww why not

Quoting MissyB1011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement