Happy Easter! What are your plans for today? Going to a relative's? Cooking up an entire meal by yourself? Regardless of what you're doing, you're going to need some morning fuel to get you through the day. But since it's a special day, you should have a special breakfast (or brunch). None of that cereal or toast crap -- treat yourself right. Treat yourself -- and your family -- to Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins. There isn't a quicker, easier Easter treat in the book. And it's special, to boot!
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins adapted from Amanda's Cookin'
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat just the bottoms of 12 standard-size muffin cups or line with muffin-cup liners.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, milk, juice, sugar, oil, and zest; stir in 1/2 cup of the chips. Make a well in flour mixture; pour in egg mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Remove pans to wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Makes 12 standard muffins.