Here's a blog I found about making meatballs in large batches for those who like to make extra and freeze them
A Big Batch of Tiny Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons or so chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- Olive oil for cooking
- Mix all this stuff together in a bowl.
- When it’s all mixed together, put some olive oil into a frying pan (I prefer cast iron) and start pinching little balls the size of marbles and putting them into the pan.
- Turn them to brown on all sides (and cook until well done, since there is pork in them).
- When they are done, put them on some paper towels on a plate to absorb the excess oil.
To freeze tiny meatballs: Put the cooked meatballs on a baking tray in a single layer (not touching each other) into the freezer. After they are frozen (about 1 to 2 hours), put them into a plastic bag (labeled and dated) and keep until you need them.
Here's the link to the blog: http://www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com/how-to-make-a-big-batch-of-tiny-meatballs-2/
Cheryl I AM: a patient, loyal, friendly, yoga posing, meditating, God worshiping, opinionated, hard working, upcycling mommy of 3 and devoted wifey to one awesome man~