Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What is your favorite dessert to cook in baking cups?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 196 Replies
4 moms liked this

We gave our influencer moms Reynolds® Baked For You® StayBriteTM Baking Cups and asked them to serve a fun dessert to their family/friends using these baking cups.

Stay tuned for great pictures and new ideas for your next party. Then, tell us what dessert you like to serve in baking cups.

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Check out these great quotes from some of our influencers:

sjump25 says:

I baked cupcakes for my family this weekend with my Reynolds baking cups.  I love these baking cups!  I baked some with some baking cups I had and some with the Reynolds and there was such a big difference!  The other baking cups faded and and when you peeled them off the cupcakes they stuck and ripped.  The Reynolds baking cups kept their color and peeled right off.

RodeoGirlUSA1 says:

We were all very impressed with the Reynolds baking cups! I have honestly never seen a baking cup actually hold its shape and color so well... I usually just bought the cheapest ones because they all had the same result, but from now on I will be buying the Reynolds Baked For You StayBrite Baking Cups! They were not only cute, but functional! Thank you Cafemom and Reynolds!!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz says:

I love to bake and I can see myself using these cups for everything from cupcakes to different dinner ideas.

Also the people who attended my party loved them and had nothing but nice things to say about them! I think they are believers also haha

momma-flynn
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:35 PM
9 moms liked this

We had some family over for a little BBQ yesterday evening, nothing fancy. Just a day to sit out & enjoy company, the weather & food. I was super excited to make cupcakes ever since I got the influencer message.  I made chocolate cupcakes but replace the vanilla extract with Kahlua. I topped them with coffee icing from KitschyGirl's "cafemom cupcake".Everyone loved the cupcakes. The cups are very pretty & I was impressed with how the cups looked after baking. You could still clearly see the design. The guys weren't impressed with the looks tho & said "What does pretty have to do with flavor?"

I baked with the StayBrite cups & threw in some cheap holiday cups to compare. Here they are:

StayBrite (so pretty)

Side by side of the two (you can clearly see a quality difference in materials as well)

The finished product

babygomez
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I look forward to sharing my experience! :)

erikays
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM
I'll be shopping in the next couple of days! Reserving my spot :D
SuperPickle
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Hello my name is Kelli and we were selected to participate in a trial of Reynold's Stay-Brite Baking Cups.

My kids decided that we would throw a "Road Trip" party. We had to go to a Tae Kwon Do Tournement this weekend and we were meeting up with my husbands mom, brother, sister and her 1 year old little girl. We thought it would be really nice to celebrate seeing them with some yummy cupcakes. Unfortunatley my SIL and her little girl were unable to come, but it was still nice to see my MIL and BIL!

I have also been meaning to work on a personal recipe for Strawberry Cake(or in this case cupcakes). I have never been able to find a recipe that didnt include a box mix or Jell-o so I wanted to create my own strawberry cake. Unfortunatley while they were TASTY they fell quite badly. I guess the recipe still needs some adustment LOL.

We decided to whip up the cupcakes on Thursday evening so that my older kids could help too. We had to leave Friday afternoon so this way we could at least get the cakes done, and I could frost them when the kids were in school in the morning.

and also I snuck one to the little girl I babysit because her birthday was Saturday, so double duty for these LOL

Everyone thought they were delicious, despite the apperance of the actual cake part. They really loved the pretty baking cups. It really made for a nice presentation.

Sometimes I have noticed with other baking cups they are hard to peel off and you end up either getting a bite or two of paper or having to cut off some of the cake. These came off fully and with little efffort.

It does say on the package that you can use these free standing if you dont have a muffin tin. I tried that with several and while it would do in a pinch, they got somewhat misshapen during the baking process.

I definetly think that Reynold's Stay-Brite cups will be on my list next time I am in the market to make cupcakes!

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I just got mine today, I am going to make some yummy cupcakes for my grandkids and their little friends this weekend I will come back to share

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 6:51 PM
The baking cups came at the perfect time, as I'm planning a birthday party for a friend this week... Can't wait to try them out and share my friend's response! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I threw a sweets party for my daughter(braelyn who's 2) niece (jaleah who's 3) and nephew(jaylen who's 6).

Jaylen saw the cups and thought they were girly and laughed jaleah liked them and said they were pretty. We made chocolate and strawberry cupcakes. Braelyn wanted to lick the batter and play with the cups lol she didn't have too much of an interest in helping unless it was eating.
Over all the
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

did not get picked so nothing lol 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM

That's a really big difference. What a good idea to do a side-by-side comparison.

Quoting momma-flynn:

The finished product

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement