Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What is your favorite dessert to cook in baking cups?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave our influencer moms Reynolds® Baked For You® StayBriteTM Baking Cups and asked them to serve a fun dessert to their family/friends using these baking cups.

Stay tuned for great pictures and new ideas for your next party. Then, tell us what dessert you like to serve in baking cups.

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Replies (101-110):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Thanks you to Reynolds and Cafemom for allowing me to be a part of this influencer program! The baking cups arrived at the perfect time, as we already had a small birthday gathering planned for my friend Sue. She had requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting, so my assistant and I set to work yesterday afternoon. :)

What I liked immediately about the Staybrite baking cups is how sturdy they are, much more so than paper baking cups. They hold their shape really well, so the cupcakes come out much nicer than in other cups. You can see here the Reynolds next to a paper baking cup I had at home, and how the paper cup folded up into the batter so it will stick and be harder to get out. That's one of the things that I find really frustrating about making cupcakes, so it's great that these don't have that issue at all.

The package says that you don't need a muffin tin with these, so I tried them on a baking sheet. As you can see, it worked out really well. That was nice since I only have one muffin tin, and would otherwise have to bake multiple times to get a full batch of cupcakes. The only thing I would say is to be extra careful not to overfill them on the cookie sheet, because then they will overflow and get a little misshapen. Most of mine turned out fine, though!

The finished product turned out great! A couple of my friends commented on how pretty the cupcake holders were, because they did retain their color so well. I also noticed during the party that no one had a ripped baking cup or had any issue with it sticking to the cupcake.

Overall, I was surprisingly impressed with these Staybrite baking cups. I am usually the kind of person who buys the least expensive option, but I have already told my husband that we'll be spending the extra money for these next time I need baking cups. Because they hold their shape so well, they make cupcakes a lot easier. I'm sure they'd be great for any other food in a baking cup too, especially because they are very sturdy. Thanks again to Reynolds and Cafemom -- I am a Staybrite convert!

do11face
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I can't wait to try mine! :)

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I did a cupcake party and handed out cupcakes to neighbors and my sons friends. It turned out good. So here is my review :) (I have lots of photos, hope you don't mind)

I got regular cupcake cups so I could compare, I wanted something similar so you could see the difference.

Here they are ready to go in the oven. I love that they hold their shape and you don't have to use a cupcake pan.

So I sat here waiting patiently for the timer to go off, after all my work I wanted a cupcake :)

Here they are fresh out of the oven, smell very good, and look even better.

Here is a side by side of both of the cups. You can see how the regular design has faded. Then you look at the Reynolds Stay Brite cups and they still look great just like they did before they went in the oven.

I tried to make them look like ice cream cones and did chocolate and white frosting, it was my sons idea :)

cupcakes!!!

Here are all my photos from the cupcake party :)

You can see in this one how awesome these baking cups are. The cupcake doesn't stick to the side! I love these!

I love the baking cups, they are great all around and I will definently purchase them in the future. I love to bake and I can see myself using these cups for everything from cupcakes to different dinner ideas.

Also the people who attended my party loved them and had nothing but nice things to say about them! I think they are believers also haha

So I would like to say Thank You to Cafemom, Target, and Reynolds for this oppurtunity! I enjoyed it and I am sure my friends did too, apparently people around here love my baking :)

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I must appologize I dont have a camera to get pictures but I would love to share my experience with the Reynolds Baking Cups, when I first got the cups I noticed not only were they very cute but seemed much thicker and stronger than the typical baking cups, I have so many recipes that need to be made in a cake pan because they are much too heavy for the paper cups but now I think it will be possible to make them in individual servings using the Reynolds cups, I cant wait to try some of them out. I spent today with my grandchildren, Gabe who is 3 and Brylee who is 2 and we made some cup cakes together, we made yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting, because the baking cups were so much stronger there was no issues with the children filling up the cups with the batter, no ripping paper or tipping over, these are perfect for children to have fun in the kitchen, they had such a good time making their own personal cupcakes, the flower design stayed nice and bright even after baking. I am so happy I got chosen for this influencer as I am now a fan of these baking cups.

godsgirl26
by ♥ Charmaine ♥ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter and her friend wanted to hurry and do their cupcake party so i let them they were soo excited.Thank u soo much for allowing me to take part  in the Influence program. I let the kids do it all by them selves.

Bncholbert
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We finally had a party today for my sisters bday!I made banana split cupcakes and they came out amazing!! pics coming soon!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bncholbert
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I was chosen as an influencer for the Reynolds baking cups & I was so excited to be a part of this program! Thank you to Cafemom & Reynolds for giving me this great opportunity!! It was perfect as I had had a huge falling out with my little sister months ago and recently reconnected with her! I planned a party for her bday this weekend as a way for our family to get together after a few months of all of our family not having talked to her! I made banana split cupcakes using a recipe i found in a Betty crocker cupcake magazine that DD picked out! We had a huge crawfish boil and all my siblings and their SOs came! (in total there was about 15 guests!) My dd was running amuck but ds helped to put the baking cups into the pans for me! I absolutely LOVED the baking cups! I've never used them before but i definitely will in the future! Everyone was very surprised how bright the paper stayed! The baking cups were thick and I kept thinking two were stuck together but it was just one! My stepmom owns her own cupcake business and she has never used these cups before but she absolutely loved them and said she will also b using them in the future for her business! She said the cups are oil resistant so that's why they retain their color unlike regular baking cups! Something so simple but it made a huge difference in the overall appearance of the cupcakes!another thing I really liked is that the cups didn't collapse in on themselves when I put the cake mix in, that is one thing that tends to happen to me with regular cups and i have to fix them but the Reynolds baking cups really held their shape! I used the $10 target gift card I received as part of the Reynolds baking cup influencer to buy chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries, whip cream, & banana nut cake mix! Everyone loved the cupcakes i made and my stepmom will be making some for her customers as well! I will post pics of the party and cupcakes in separate comments as im on mobile!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bncholbert
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Party guests chowing down on crawfish!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bncholbert
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Top view of the cupcakes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bncholbert
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Side view!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement