Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Being a Southerner, sweetened iced tea is a way of life and people look at you like you have two heads if you ask for hot tea, lol, but I still do enjoy hot tea in the winter or when I'm sick or something, usually something with honey and lemon in it.

How about you? Is your tea usually hot or cold? Do you like it sweetened or unsweetened?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Replies (21-27):
Shoota
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I drink both. I love ice tea, my family lives in North Carolina, and is a tea drinking family. You kill the tea, you make some more. I usually ask for unsweetened and then add my own sweetener that's not as strong.

I love hot tea. I usually just put honey in it, but sometimes Ill add just a splash of milk or cream.

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Unsweetened ice tea.

Yesterday was so sunny I was able to make sun tea

Scottishbrat33
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I take my tea hot with 2 surgar packets.I like having tea  with a few friends. It is a nice way to catch up with every one.

dandylynes
by Sonnie on May. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I love green tea, usually cold and sweetened with a touch of sugar.

crysiann
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I love hot tea, rooibos red tea is my favorite. I add almond milk to it.

catwoman123456
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hot tea, no milk and some sugar in the winter, decaf and chai in the evening.Can't take the hot stuff (except my morning coffee) when the weather warms up,though. Then it's ice cold green tea for me !              Btw, I got used to drinking tea without milk 'cause I never got a chance to sit down and drink a hot cuppa' when the kids were younger and without milk it still tastes okay !cat

Lovemyshadows
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lauren486:

If you asked me a few years ago, I would have definitely said iced tea, unsweetened. But then I moved to Great Britain. While I do occasionally miss the existence of iced tea, I have grown to love a good cuppa too.  If it is standard every day tea, I like it with a splash of milk and 1 sugar.  Otherwise, most teas have serving recommendations on the package and I usually stick to those. 

After being in Ehgland 3 years that's how I drink a good cuppa.  In the states it goog old fashioned sweet tea, with a sprig of mint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement