Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Cake pops

have you ever made them?

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Audreesmommy757
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i made these and i used a cake pop pan

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM

oh. i was hoping to find a recipe when i clicked on this. it sounds interesting. i will have to look into it.

"live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." Emerson 

Reina13
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I was wondering how the cake pop pan works? I make mine by hand and the frosting is what keeps them adhered together, so I wasn't sure how that happens with the pan?

La-Belle-Vie
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I make them, I have not made any in about 6 months now.  Think I will make some this weekend now :)

It took trial and error to figure out how to make them.  I found homemade cake and icing was the best route for mine :)

These I sold for a bridal party and were a huge hit.  Bakerella had the tutrorial for them:

La-Belle-Vie
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Wow these are so neat :)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I love making cake pops! Here's a few I've made:

I call this cake pop Rocky Road! Its a devils food cake mixed with milk chocolate frosting, dipped in chocolate, and decorated with crushed walnuts, mini chocolate chips, and marshmallows!

This is my cosmic cherry cake pop! Its a white cake mixed with cherry chip frosting, dipped in white chocolate, and covered in Cotton Candy!! 

And this one is my triple chocolate delight cake pop. Its a devils food cake mixed with milk chocolate frosting, dipped in white chocolate, and dusted with cocoa powder. 

All of these were made with Ghiradelli melting chocolate! I made them for a cake walk at the preschool I was working at and they were a big hit! I think cake pops are better at cake walks because they're more interesting and people can just eat them right away instead of having to find a plate and fork to eat their prize with. 

I also used this video tutorial to learn how to make them:

La-Belle-Vie
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I know I was woneirng this too. 

Quoting Reina13:

I was wondering how the cake pop pan works? I make mine by hand and the frosting is what keeps them adhered together, so I wasn't sure how that happens with the pan?

flowerfunleah
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM

From what I gather you fill the bottom of the cake pop pan with the cake batter and then attatch the top of the cake pop pan to the bottom one and when you bake it the cake rises and forms the ball.

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

I know I was woneirng this too. 

Quoting Reina13:

SugarFoot84
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I made them for the first time this Easter. They were soooo good!

Teascha
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I've never made cake pops, but I have made cake balls and they are always a big hit :)

LuvMyBaby22
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yep, for Thanksgiving I made turkey cake pops! (: Cute, eh!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement