Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a dishwasher?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 27 Replies

I have one and I think it's on its last legs, so I'm in the market for a new one since I don't enjoy handwashing dishes (I grew up in a house with 8 people and we only had a dishwasher for the last 2yrs there so I often WAS the dishwasher and so still hate it to this day, lol.).

If you have a dishwasher, what kind do you have? What special features does it have that you enjoy? Is there anything about it that you don't like?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

We got one just before my son was born, almost 5 yrs ago - that was the first time I had one in my life!! It just hooks up to our mud sink, and has a countertop on it...so I guess it's a portable one.  Lately though, I've been hand washing our dishes. I just go back and forth between using the dishwasher or hand washing.

LovesFredric
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Oh one thing I HATE about the dishwasher is the white stuff it leaves on my dishes.  I don't know if it's our water, our detergent, or what.

snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yeah, I love it makes my life easier.....lol.....

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

yes

flutter523
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Yup. It was a selling point in my house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Yes we do. It's a GE and matches the Oven, both almost 33 Years Old. It really doesn't have any special features---it does its job. The Dishes are always cleaned off by hand before I put them in there. I basically use it for Sanitizing.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

othermom
by Danelle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

No we don't

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Yes but I have yet to use it. It's an older model and I'm not sure how to use it. I figure I'll use it when we do any type of entertaining or big meals. 

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Sounds like the detergent isn't rinsing away, which could be a problem with your water but switching detergents may help, too, since some rinse off easier than others.

Quoting LovesFredric:

Oh one thing I HATE about the dishwasher is the white stuff it leaves on my dishes.  I don't know if it's our water, our detergent, or what.

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM

They just don't make them like that anymore, do they? Ours before this one was a Whirlpool and it was original to the house but still worked until we had an electrical storm zap that side of the kitchen and fry it and the stove. Now we have a Whirlpool again but it's only 6yo and is having all sorts of issues. A repairman wants $150 just to look at it, so I think I'd rather just buy a new one, lol.

Quoting Strega:

Yes we do. It's a GE and matches the Oven, both almost 33 Years Old. It really doesn't have any special features---it does its job. The Dishes are always cleaned off by hand before I put them in there. I basically use it for Sanitizing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)