Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Cruise food

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 14 Replies
Have you ever been on a cruise? I'm getting ready to go on one in June and have heard crazy things about the food they serve.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM

nope. no cruise for me.

proudmommy690
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM
sorry never been on one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Great food. Be prepared to gain weight. They say you gain a pound a day or more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Nope! My mil keeps trying to talk me into one though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Never been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I've never been on a cruise but I hope you all have fun.

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM

So funny that you asked this, I have never been on one but lately I have really been pushing dh to go in a few months, I think the sea is calling commercials have gotten to me, lol, I hope you have a great time and please share your experience when you get back

momamanda
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM

We went on a disney cruise. It was awesome the food was awesome. My only complaint is I'm not into unusual gourmet meals. like "watermelon and canteloupe soup" :0) but they have snack stand that serves any kind of quick serve food you can think of. Disney does not have an ongoing buffet but I know most cruises do. On the disney cruise they have all kid favorites but dinners took like 2 hours. My parents went on royal carribean and said there dinners took 2 hours also. Hope you have fun. we went in Febuary and I am dying to go back on a disney cruise!! It was amazing makes you never want to come home!:0)

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on May. 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I was on an 8 day cruise and the food was really good, nothing too outrageous and plenty of it! LOL! I agree with the gain a lb a day! LOL!  Was there something in particular you were concerned about?  What cruise line are you going on and where are you going?

Godspitgrl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Quoting emilyrosenj:

I was on an 8 day cruise and the food was really good, nothing too outrageous and plenty of it! LOL! I agree with the gain a lb a day! LOL!  Was there something in particular you were concerned about?  What cruise line are you going on and where are you going?

Not sure the line (my grandma is taking me) we are going to the Bahamas. Mainly I have heard they have so much food it's hard to chose. Also I'm allergic to gluten so I'm worried if there willbe things I can eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN